Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 Australian Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 Australian Variety and Error Coins, Bank Notes, Paper Money

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Clipped planchet question

Previous Page | Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
869 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  02:09 am  Show Profile Check Jeff's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jeff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Which error do you want, I'll get the elves to make it for you

Can I see your price list?
I would like a several 2000 $1.00/10¢ mule, some NZ/Bahamas mules, the 50¢ (I think) on Hong Kong blank and some incused millennium for starters.
Then there is the 1982 rotated 50¢ and........

If you don't give satisfaction then I may have to investigate that Chinese link more closely.

Jeff
"If you want to know what God thinks of money, look at the people He gives it to." Joe Moore
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
Australia
4966 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  02:15 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To charge me they will need proof
Good luck to them finding these in the back paddock where I chuck em after taking a pic

Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
503 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  09:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FNQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Archaeologists have discovered what could potentially be one of the most substantial caches of early 21st century coins from the then nation of Australia.

What is most surprising about the find is the location, somewhat distant from what were believed to be the regional centres of commerce at the time. Due to the sheer number of artefacts found it is suspected that that the location may at one time have been a mint producing coinage for the nation, while archaeologists speculate that the finds represent the mints waste, purely on the basis that this cache shows dissimilarities to other finds and the percentage of deviations from what were perceived as commonly held designs.

As such, this find is remarkable as it provides an insight into production standards at the time, and if error coins or mis-strikes as suspected, would represent the largest find of rarities in history. Researchers into early forms of electronic information have revealed references to "RTM", but have been so far unable to decipher further information that could help solve this mystery.

Coins were a metallic form of exchange prevalent for many years before being totally replaced by electronic transactions later in the 21st century.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
4966 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  09:11 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FNQ
Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  5:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
classic!
Nice work trout and FNQ!
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  6:41 pm  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very well written FNQ! Gold star
Valued Member
Australia
413 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  6:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add b_j_w_79 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow FNQ, that's some fancy writing
Formerly nancyc
Australia
3667 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  10:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FNQ, Very good narrative!

I think trout should print off a copy and bury it in a canister in his back yard as a time capsule.
A friend is a present you give to yourself.

Nancy
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  04:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Archaeologists have discovered what could potentially be one of the most substantial caches of early 21st century coins from the then nation of Australia.

Someone has way too much time. Maybe several someones.
Valued Member
Australia
122 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  04:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ingine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hahahaha, yeah have a laugh at the idiot who knows nothing about coins! Bit rude don't you think.
If you are insinuating that I had anything to do with damaging the coin, well you're wrong. I simply have an interest in coins and up until now have had some really good feedback from this forum.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  04:47 am  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No one is having a go at you mate! After reading the thread again I can see how it could been seen that way but please don't take it as that as I'm sure no one intended to have a crack at you. Most of the jeering is at trouts mischief and as you will see from other threads his coin mutilation techniques are continuously practiced. I dont think anyone implied you did the damage more so that someone out there has. So please dont be too mad at us we enjoy everyone's input!
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  05:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ingine-

For the record, I'm not making fun of you.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
8628 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  05:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
trout: I am what you call a 'gloop' maker.

It is easy for you to be one, too!

When you have finished with each of those shed productions, they should wind up at the bottom of the harbour.
Just drop it off the back of a small boat into the boat harbour where you live.

GLOOP!
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
4966 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  05:58 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
trout: I am what you call a 'gloop' maker.

It is easy for you to be one, too!

When you have finished with each of those shed productions, they should wind up at the bottom of the harbour.
Just drop it off the back of a small boat into the boat harbour where you live.

GLOOP!

You can't see the old well in the photo.
It is where we have a submersible pump for the house water.
Also where the GLOOP occurs
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
4966 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  06:09 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hahahaha, yeah have a laugh at the idiot who knows nothing about coins! Bit rude don't you think.
If you are insinuating that I had anything to do with damaging the coin, well you're wrong. I simply have an interest in coins and up until now have had some really good feedback from this forum.

I am sorry you perceive our posts in that way.
There was no intention of making fun of anyone, that is bullying and I hate bullies.
What I was trying to show is that some errors are not what they seem and can easily be replicated.
You have seen in this thread the fake errors and the real thing, So the difference between the two should be apparent to all by now.
If you have taken my posts the wrong way then I apologize unreservedly.
As most Australians know some good humored banter and ribbing can and does accompany a serious discussion.
I wouldn't have it any other way
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05