Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 Canadian Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 Canadian Commemoratives and Non-Circulating Coinage (NCLT)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

RCM Website Links to Old Products

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Hobbes
Valued Member
Canada
207 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  1:19 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Hobbes to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hi there!
New to the forum and to coin collecting.

As I'm just starting, of course I'm looking to buy products in the middle of some ongoing series. So I was wondering if there was a way to find old products on the RCM website. It seems the product info is available on the website but sometimes it is difficult to find the proper links.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Pillar Of The Community
United States
916 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  1:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canuck1us to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

You probably have already tried this, but occasionally if you do a Google search for the item, the RCM link will ome up and you can access it that way.

I don't think there is a way to find them by any search means on the RCM website itself.
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  2:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KJL82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe stating the obvious but theres always eBay and other dealers
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
2224 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  2:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CC-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also wish the mint would make their archived webpages accessible. As canuck1us said, sometimes you can find them via Google as it seems you have.

Dealer sites, and especially eBay, are often not well organized and usually don't have specifics that I would like to see; things like issue price, mintage, detailed specs and good pictures and full descriptions.

Wiki pages are the best that I've found on-line though they too are limited.

It seems the best source of information even in the Internet age is hard copy books.

Valued Member
Canada
207 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  2:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hobbes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies. Yeah I've found old pages through google, message board posts, and sometimes even the RCM webpage search. It seems that webpages are still there for the linking, I was just hoping there was a listing of product ids and descriptions at least.

I also like the organized information on each coin to help decide what I want to get.
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
1768 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  5:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can find info on most recent (since 2008) issues by:

1) Clicking on the "reviews.mint.ca" link at the bottom of the Home page
2) Selecting the link for a coin your interested in
3) Clicking on the "More information..." link on the review page of the individual coin

If a coin had one or more reviews in the past few years, there's a good chance you can locate it this way.

Hope this helps!
Collecting history, one commemorative coin (or medal) at a time!
Original content (c) Commems, 2012-2014
Pillar Of The Community
United States
916 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  6:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canuck1us to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks commems - never tried that before!

The items reviewed aren't necessarily in the correct category listed to the left so if you are looking for something you may have to look in an unsuspecting category to find it.

i.e. Vancouver 2010 Lucky Loonie & Puck is in the Chinese Zodiac category
Valued Member
Canada
186 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  6:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MJT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like going to colonial acres website. They have very nice catalog of RCM items
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1496 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  7:08 pm  Show Profile Check poboxw's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add poboxw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
J&M's site is one of the most organized I've seen (even if their sales aren't)
Valued Member
Canada
207 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  11:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hobbes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks all. That helps a lot!
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
597 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2012  2:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dcadon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if you know the coin your are looking for, I just use google, and in the search line, describe the coin, and don't forget to put mint.ca. Google will then only search the mint's website, and likely will come up with the coin you're looking for.
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2012  3:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, Hobbes and Dcadon!
Valued Member
Canada
133 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2012  9:47 pm  Show Profile Check lesinwestvan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add lesinwestvan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I fully agree with poboxw about the J&M website. I've used in several times for reference, very well organized. What I have started doing is, going shopping on the website, write my list on a piece of paper and hand it to a clerk when I enter the store. It's made my life so much easier
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love Coins$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano Glass
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05