Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Numismatic Discussion Forums (Non Country Specific)
 Coin Photography

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

nikon d200 help

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
briank
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  2:20 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add briank to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Just recently jumped right in and bought a nikon d200. So far I'm in way over my head, but was wondering what the best lens and settings for shooting some coins to post on this sight to get some grading opinionswould be? Thanks!

Valued Member
Australia
262 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  10:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nicwinner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
how manu MP it is? 10 MP or 12 MP? and wht range zoom it is? 4?
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  9:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add briank to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
10.2 mp and unsure of the other question. Tells you how much I've used it
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
16106 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  10:10 am  Show Profile Check SsuperDdave's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, here's where the "learning curve" part of photography starts. It's necessary for you to have an understanding of basic photography terms and procedures, and your camera's lens and controls, before you'll be anything but frustrated by your efforts.

Start here:

http://berniesumption.com/photograp...e-for-geeks/

That's about the best one-page cram course on basic camera usage that I've ever seen.

Identify your camera's lens (nicwinner, the D200 is a dSLR). Chances are, it's good enough to create decent coin images without worrying about investing anything but time to learn its' use yet.

Then come back here, and we'll start putting that new knowledge into use.
The best thing about a bicycle is that it uses no gasoline, therefore the chance of fiery death is greatly reduced.

Catman, Gary Burke, Bigg Fredd, numismo - CCF members emeritus, now part of Heaven's Own Coin Club.

Our members sell on eBay!
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  9:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add briank to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks SuperDave. I just have to spend some time with it rather than take it out , turn it on and start shooting. They are very popular cameras, I just got in over my head and need to take time, read and practice practice practice.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
550 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  5:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tatt2ed13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome info SUPERDAVE (i think I see why you have think Handle you do haha )

But I used to use a d200 .. and I used the smaller lens that CAM with the kit I bought , just went onto eBay and purchased a set of MACRO lens to use when I had that big ole set up (but was to big and I shook to much to get clear photos without a tripod was to much for me lol)

I will update my post im going to try and find a linkfor a macro set so you know what im talking about ..

Right now I just use Canon PowerShotA470 .. and when I need nice close ups , I just put my 7.5x loop or 10x loop on the end of it and BAM works like a champ . lol .. ((( Link for Macros ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vivitar-77m...t_4728wt_885

But good luck , the D200 take alil getting used to .. I wouldnt do much with the settings , I never putz around with them myself .. but I encourage you to research the functions of the CAM as I did not and got frustrated lol ...

Again good luck
\m/ phil \m/
Edited by tatt2ed13
03/14/2012 5:50 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano Glass
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05