Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

usb microscope

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2012  6:30 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add briank to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Can anybody recommend and inexpensive Usb microscope so I can post pictures on this sight since I believe it would be easier than doing it with my camera?

Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2012  8:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add briank to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did a little researching and saw the Celestron 44302a, can I get opinions on that one? It looks like it may be the one. Thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
4782 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2012  9:54 pm  Show Profile Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have one and if I were you I would go with one that has adjustable led lights. You really need to be able to control lighting.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Learn More...
United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2012  10:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
briank, I will tell you what, I have a cheap Digital Blue QX5 Microscope that will allow you to see the things on the computer screen and also take a picture of anything under the lens to post on the site if you wish. It is originally made to be a toy but I used to use it to get close and show attributes of specific errors or varieties. If you will pay for shipping I will send it to you free of charge. It has 10x,60x and 200x magnification. It will not take a picture of a dollar sized coin but does smaller denominations pretty good. If you want it, let me know and I will email you to get specifics on where to send it to and all the other information needed. I was going to have a contest to give it away to someone but if you can use it I will be more than happy to just send it to you
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10871 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  05:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bryan1315
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Pillar of the Community
United States
884 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  1:01 pm  Show Profile Check murty's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add murty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use a QX5 and it serves the purpose well. Suggestions on lighting may help some.

Bryan1315 very nice of you a real generous gesture.

Learn More...
United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  8:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used to use the QX5 quite a bit myself but since I have a nicer camera it just sits there right now and figure if someone else can use it I would be more than happy to let them
United States
40 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  9:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eastriding4310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Learn to use your camera. I have yet to see better photos from a cheap USB microscope posted on this site than can be taken with a camera.
Follow all of the technical tips from this site and they should come out great.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5981 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  9:40 pm  Show Profile Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really like my DinoLite 314T, although it depends on what you consider "inexpensive". I got a good deal on mine 100 versus a couple of hundred bucks. Here are a couple of the close-up images;

1875-S/S Twenty Cent Piece

1954 S/D Jefferson nickel

1864 Two Cent Piece Repunched Date
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"

"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145

"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
Pillar of the Community
United States
5981 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  10:14 pm  Show Profile Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mambate and Brightwell also makes USB Microscopes with lots of bells and whistles that are quite a bit less expensive than the DinoLite.
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"

"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145

"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
Edited by oih82w8
03/02/2012 12:51 am
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2012  4:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add briank to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bryan1315 that sounds great, I would pay shipping for it! I also need to learn to use my Nikon d200 but until that time, I'm sure I'd put this to work. I don't think I can Pm yet to being relatively new edited to remove email address
Learn More...
United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2012  6:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have emailed you, just reply to that email with your shipping address
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2012  9:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add briank to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bryan 1315, never got an email, checked my spam as well. email was removed but of course period was spelled out after b. and it's all lower case. Thanks
Learn More...
United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  10:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok, I have sent you another email. If this one doesn't come through as well I will use a different email address to send from
Valued Member
United States
264 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2012  08:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rgathright to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@oih82w8 Thanks for sharing those photos. Seems much cheaper than upgrading my Canon EOS Rebel with expensive lenses.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  09:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are quite a few posts going on about buying one of these cheap USB microscopes. I did a post on it too, so I'm looking for something like that and here is the one I bought:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/17068899670..._3345wt_1265

I had to return it, since it didn't zoom in. It took static pictures and wouldn't take above 640x480 resolution. It is made in China, so I bet most that are made there, aren't true to their specs.

I know the Dino are great, but they haven't dropped one cent in their price, since I've been drooling over them the past 3+ years.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05