Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How should I remove a coin from a puck?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1697 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2012  10:17 pm Show Profile Check kuh_85's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add kuh_85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

So I got one of those NHL minipuck keychains with a Vancouver Canucks loonie embedded in it. Any ideas on how to get the coin out without damaging it? Thanks!

Pillar of the Community
United States
928 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2012  10:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canuck1us to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A hard slapshot with the mini hockey stick that comes with it! (sorry - that wasn't too helpful!)
Valued Member
Canada
209 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2012  11:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chadcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I took the mini punk to my bandsaw and cut one edge off.Left enough plastic material at the edge of the coin and pealed it away with my figer nail exposing the edge of the coin.Then I was able to flip it out without damaging the coin.There is also a small magnet holding it in place.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5046 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  12:16 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are quite a few great comebacks for that heading...........But this is a family orientated site
Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Valued Member
Canada
434 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  08:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add secoinedchance to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Canuck....a hard slapper from the point to the crossbar would do it......lol :)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1697 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  12:42 pm  Show Profile Check kuh_85's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kuh_85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I'll go with the bandsaw option. Wouldn't want to risk breaking that oh so valuable mini stick! :-)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1549 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  4:29 pm  Show Profile Check glenzy1's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add glenzy1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Buy the coin, not the puck!

Glenn
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1437 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  7:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petersun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A scroll saw is good enough

Quote:
I took the mini punk to my bandsaw and cut one edge off.Left enough plastic material at the edge of the coin and pealed it away with my figer nail exposing the edge of the coin.Then I was able to flip it out without damaging the coin.There is also a small magnet holding it in place.

It still sounds crazy
Joined on Nov 05 2011
Became a valued member on Nov 28 2011
Pillar of the Community -- May 28 2012
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1437 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  7:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petersun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Leave it in the puck if you want it to remain uncirculated.
Joined on Nov 05 2011
Became a valued member on Nov 28 2011
Pillar of the Community -- May 28 2012
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3748 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  7:48 pm  Show Profile Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even the best methods might be vain. I am a Vancouver Canucks fan, and I actually try to find gem strikes of all the Canucks coins. I had to buy like 20 of these, before I found a decent Canucks loon that would grade MS-67 (NBU). The magnet is the equivalent of metal-on-metal, and scratches the coins when they are placed into the puck, not necessarily when you remove it from the puck.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.ca/SPP-Ottawa
Valued Member
Canada
475 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  8:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 54dollarcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are kidding ^^^^66666 ^^ rIGHT?
Valued Member
Canada
334 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  01:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add falcon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I put it in a pot of hot water
Valued Member
Canada
334 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  01:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add falcon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I put it in a pot of hot water
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  06:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kensho52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As long as you use "Stanley" tools, you'll be ok... LOL
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.12 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05