Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone want to go splits with me?

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
434 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  08:09 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add secoinedchance to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESTATE-COLL...34033wt_1164

This is a massive sale.....still looking at all the pics

Edited by secoinedchance
03/03/2012 08:18 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1334 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  09:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone care to guess what this hoard will go for?
Valued Member
Canada
434 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  09:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add secoinedchance to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm gonna say 30k. Or at least between 25 and 30 anyways
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1525 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  10:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add samsnate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What an amazing display of hoardmanship...haha It's a word now I DECLARE!
Im guessing it goes for $26,395.75
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  10:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
21 thousand!
Previously Ousted
Canada
398 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  12:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coingirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
19,000, not more...
AND NO, NO splits here....
has anyone seen any decent coins there besides the cents?
nothing really to write home about.
But, if silver goes to $80 later this year....
Now, think about it... the seller knows eactly, right down to tyhe penny whats in this lot.
Do you honestly think that he would leave some serious keys in it?
key dates are the easy money...
Nothing but a lot of work here with little, if any reward.
watch the bay explode and prices drop even further....
CG
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1726 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  12:40 pm  Show Profile Check kuh_85's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kuh_85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I had the cash I'd be bidding up to about $20K for it. I've dealt with this seller many times before and he's quite honest. Can't speak for the consignor though. There are a number of gems in here, particularly in the Nfld coins. Plus the 1945, 1946 & 1947 silver dollars of course! But you're right, lots of junk to sift through as well. Will probably go to a dealer who'll break up the collection
Valued Member
Canada
434 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  1:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add secoinedchance to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 100 '37 20's look nice enough. I think if you could get this lot for between 20 and 23 K you'd make easily 100% ROI, depending on how fast or slow you want to liquidate it. I think more if you wait a little.
Valued Member
Canada
174 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  2:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris86 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now I wish I had some money lying around for a sale like this...
Pillar of the Community
United States
907 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  4:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mysilveryears to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are lots of folks who do have that sort of spare funds available.
Question would be, do you want to use it to become an instant Canadian coin dealer?
It would surprise me if the end price were low enough that this mess could be cherry picked for one's collection and the remainder flipped for a profit.
For those who have never tried eBay selling, it's a hyuuge amount of work, and a major time suck. You not only need to have the cash to deal with something like this, you need to have the time and energy too. That leaves me with one out of three.
Valued Member
United States
259 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  5:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chasinva69 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have heard the Canadian market is soft. At least that is what a local dealer tells me whenever I try to sell him some of my silver canadian dollars.
Valued Member
Canada
434 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  5:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add secoinedchance to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure that I'd go the eBay route. Like it was said, cherry pick what you need, break it down and live auction it at different times as opposed to eBaying it. Things rarely go for their actual value on eBay I've noticed. Some do, but most don't, and there's a lot of factors involved there which I'm not going to go into, but eBay is a gamble.

Time is all you really need and a clear understanding of how to market what you have.
Previously Ousted
Canada
398 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  5:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coingirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMO it should be broken up into Banknotes and coins.
and, the only gems would, again IMO, be newfoundland and the maritimes.
but looking through it, I have not seen anything that would rattle my chain.
Can key dollars? few with tons available at any given time.
50 cents keys? None seen.. and, please be aware that the prises marked are all in the same handwriting, done by the same person
that means... this lot is picked over and the good ones are removed.
AND... these prices are at least 100% trends, if not more...Grades are inflated...

think again, the seller is in business to make money..
for selling this lot as a whole, he needs to have at least 20 % to pay all his expenses and fees...
easy money....
and of course... our friend in ottawa wants his share......
think about it... taxes on legal tender...
Valued Member
Canada
434 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  6:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add secoinedchance to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Get a biz number. No tax. Sell less than 30,000 in a quarter don't pay tax. After all, you are getting into the coin business with this lot.....:)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3809 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  7:44 pm  Show Profile Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The seller knows exactly what is there. The retail value is a pipe dream, who buys coins at 100% of Trends value these days? The bulk of it is melt, and common RCM stuff, with a smattering of a few decent coins to catch the eyes of buyers.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.ca/SPP-Ottawa
Previously Ousted
Canada
398 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  9:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coingirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SPP, you hit the nail on the head!

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05