Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hong Kong Government $10 Notes - Date of Issue List

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Australia
146 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2012  03:52 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add huckles888 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Am trying to put together a list of the dates of issue of all of the $10 notes that have been issued by the Hong Kong Government since 2002

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Pillar of the Community
Thailand
1395 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2012  04:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add thai-vic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These two links should help you with an up to date list.

http://www.banknote.ws/COLLECTION/c.../HKG/HKG.htm

http://www.banknotenews.com/files/t...ong-kong.php
Valued Member
Australia
146 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2012  07:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add huckles888 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hey thai-vic thanks for the links

have ticked off the following dates so far:

does anyone know of any other dates?
Valued Member
Australia
372 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  9:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Enlil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went to HK in November 2011, go there every year, these are the only dates printed. The 2002 is quiet common still in uncirculated condition, they are all common.
Valued Member
Australia
146 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  12:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add huckles888 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the confirmation enlil - lived (Happy Valley/Causeway Bay) and worked in Hong Kong a long time ago - very interesting place - havent been back for awhile
Valued Member
Canada
287 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  11:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Baanos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey huckles888, may I ask why 10$ notes and why since 2002? By the way, I know it's in a long time, but I plan on going to HK in early 2013.
Valued Member
Australia
146 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  08:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add huckles888 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hey baanos - have just started putting together a collection of HK banknotes and have decided to concentrate only on those issued by the Government - This is why I am interested in the $10 notes which were first issued by the Government in 2002
Valued Member
Canada
287 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  10:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Baanos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know anything about these notes. Are they legal tender and are they normally found in circulation ? How can one obtain such notes ?
Valued Member
Australia
146 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  9:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add huckles888 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hey baanos they are legal tender and in formal circulation - what makes Hong Kong interesting is that the Government has never been the main issuer of Banknotes - the major commercial Banks are the ones that issue most of the notes - today they are HSBC, SCB and BOC - send me email and I will send you one of the 1 cent notes (would have to be the smallest banknote in the world) that the government use to issue
Valued Member
Canada
287 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  9:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Baanos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, I'm trying but it says:

This Member does not wish to receive e-mail.
Valued Member
Australia
146 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  10:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add huckles888 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hey baanos - thanks for letting me know - didnt realise it - try now
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05