Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Tiny with girth....

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  01:21 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add unfamiliar to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I don't have high hopes for getting this little guy ID'd, but figured I'd include him anyway. It's so small the picture actually shows off more than you can see with the naked eye.

About the same size as the last 3, but two to three times the girth.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
9666 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  01:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It could be another Greek coin,with perhaps a dolphin on one side.
Learn More...
United States
13755 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  10:30 am  Show Profile Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Bulgaria
843 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  11:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add t0rress to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with echizento
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
9666 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  11:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The opposite side could be a shield--just guesses here.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4269 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  5:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm

I'd also guess that it is Greek.
"For as long as Belisarius lives, it is impossible for him to relinquish this city." - Roman general Belisarius, responding to a group of Gothic envoys, during the Gothic siege of Rome in 537 AD

Attributed coins in my collection so far - Roman: 238, Byzantine: 34, Post-Roman Germanic: 21
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
9666 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  9:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Compare the reverse to this coin, which shows "the youth Hermias swimming right, arm draped over a dolphin". I see some similarities.

Caria, Iasus AE16. 250-190 BC.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05