Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1996W Roosevelt Dime

Previous Page
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1966 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  1:00 pm  Show Profile Check XavierOfGreen's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add XavierOfGreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its the key to the series for business strikes, its generally the only coin that would prevent someone from completing a set from circulation.
Oldest Found-------
Cent: 1842 (from machine) ---- Three Cent: 1866 [Nickel] (from machine)
Nickel: 1883 (from roll) ---- Dime: 1911 (from roll)
Quarter: 1932 (from machine) ---- Half: 1917 (from roll)
Dollar: 1880 (from machine) ---- Foriegn: 1863 (from machine)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1006 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  3:15 pm  Show Profile Check matchbox's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add matchbox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What's a fair price to pay for one?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1075 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  5:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cladking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Finding a 1996-W in circulation is a once in a lifetime find. Although they're very "common" in high grades, if I found one in circulation it'd be worth more to me than a brilliant example simple due to its provenance. It made a very interesting trip to get to your pocket. :-)

Yes, there's never anything wrong with having a circulated example of a coin or anuncirculated one from circulation. In many cases the circulated coin is distressingly common and this applies to most moderns but not to the '96-W. In this case it's the circulated one that is scarcer. Normally when this happens like with the '50-D nickel there is almost no spread in price so the circ will be worth nearly the same anyway.

An even tougher clad dime from circulation is the '82-NMM. There are probably several thousand of the W coin but only a few hundred of the NMM.
Time don't fly, it bounds and leaps.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3057 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  6:19 pm  Show Profile Check smokeriderdon's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add smokeriderdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Charles, yes, your increase in cholesterol paid off!

As everyone said, great find! He definitely looks fairly unscathed. Values start at 4 bucks for an MS63.
"Our lives are summed up by two dates separated by a dash mark. Make the most of that dash." Battalion Chief John "Mac Daddy" McDonald. R.I.P.

It is could've, would've or should've, not could of, would of or should of.
Valued Member
United States
167 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  6:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ibab to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's truly a wonderful find. I've never found one going through a lot of dimes.
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  9:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ridge_Runner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find! I paid a lot more for mine that you did yours. I need to stop off at the golden arches more often.
Pillar of the Community
United States
809 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  2:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lincolncentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found my 1996-W at my favorite local coin shop. Someone had it in the dollar bin...and I was lucky to find it!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.02 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05