Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Numismatic Discussion Forums (Non Country Specific)
 Coin Photography

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

New Puter Need Photo Edit Program

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
yotie
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2810 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  6:51 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

well the title sez it all I know there are several diffrent one to be had what sites and downloads do you folks recomend.

I bet after seeing us, George Washington would sue us for calling him "father."
Will Rogers
Valued Member
Canada
357 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  7:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add aiglet7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The program I have used,successfully,for many years is IrfanView. A free program which you can review and download the latest edition from:- http://download.cnet.com/IrfanView
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
1537 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  7:35 pm  Show Profile Check KenKat's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like Picasa from Google.
My 7070 US Type Set
My 7100 Lincoln Cent Set (pics a little out of date - ok, really out of date...)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4250 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  7:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TheNickelGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use two different free ones.
Photoscape

http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/download.php

and
Picasa

http://picasa.en.softonic.com/

Neither have stuck me with any intrusive adware or pop ups. I just use them and find them satisfactory.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2810 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  7:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
well Wheezy I went with the Photoscape
Thanks for the info folks
I bet after seeing us, George Washington would sue us for calling him "father."
Will Rogers
Valued Member
United States
288 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  6:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add VetStudent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To what extent/options does Photoscape allow you to edit pictures?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4250 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  9:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TheNickelGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
To what extent/options does Photoscape allow you to edit pictures?

Pretty much what all the others do but no smart select like adobe has.
I miss my old adobe programs that don't work with the newer Windows.

I like how you can easily re-size images in Photoscape.
It's probably just your basic program nowadays with all that's out there but it is good enough for everyday use.

Try it out, it is fairly simple to use and if you don't like it just uninstall it with your
- >start - >settings - >control panel - >uninstall a program .
Edited by TheNickelGuy
03/06/2012 10:02 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
11084 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  12:39 am  Show Profile Check biokemist6's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bring out the GIMP
ANA R-3151318
United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  05:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Allot of people on here use Gimp because its really simple to use and a pretty powerful editing program
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4867 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  3:18 pm  Show Profile Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IFran and GIMP are both excellent, and free! I use Lightroom and Photoshop but since both of those will set you back about $1,000.00 they are not for everyone, in fact Photoshop is really over kill for most of the simple editing I do on coin shoots, crop, resize, straighten. I really use it for the RAW file manipulation of exposure and white balance only. I also use Macintosh pretty much exclusively, I do have a windows machine (running under bootcamp on an old MacBook Pro) for my astronomy stuff. My desktop Windows box sits unsed 95% of the time as the Apple laptop running windows is a lot faster even though it's half the cores and 4 times older.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982 • EAC Member #6202 • NBS Member • 2¢ variety collector.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05