Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Thanks For all the Help Folks

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1250 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  11:48 pm Show Profile Check twohawks's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add twohawks to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

This go's out to SuperDave, SeatedNut, Byran and alike. For all of the lurkers out in never never land. A bit over 2 years ago I can here knowing I knew little. I was fortunate to have a Hoard not a collection. The difference is this... A Hoard is when you have little idea of what you have.... A Collection is when you do!

This site has given me a bunch of knowledge and some good friends. Most of all it's done with good will from others. I what to thank all that have taken the time and written or posted things on this site.

You get what you give! And is something everyone should remember. Lord knows I asked my share of stupid questions, but I never really worried about if someone though I was stupid.

Anyway Thanks Guy's !

Never argue with an idiot..They will bring you down to their level, and beat you with Experience
Pillar of the Community
United States
2635 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  09:24 am  Show Profile Check SeatedNut's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SeatedNut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Russ,

You've come a long, long way and now the student becomes the teacher. May you live long and prosper.
So many coins, so little time ...
Learn More...
United States
16979 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  10:59 am  Show Profile Check SsuperDdave's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Russ, I'm a good dataminer. I can find information, sift the wheat from the chaff, and draw reasonable conclusions from what I see. I just happen to be aiming this skill at Morgan dollar varieties these days.

You, on the other hand, were born a VAMmer. You just didn't discover this fact until two years ago, and in the short time since you've reached and surpassed me and most others. In the long run, people like you are rarer and more important to the hobby than people like me. It's been a sincere pleasure to have participated in your development, to whatever small extent I was able.
The best thing about a bicycle is that it uses no gasoline, therefore the chance of fiery death is greatly reduced.

Catman, Gary Burke, Bigg Fredd, numismo - CCF members emeritus, now part of Heaven's Own Coin Club.

Our members sell on eBay!
Learn More...
United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  08:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with SuperDave, You are one of the ones that when you post I try my best to read what ever it is because I know I am the one that is either going to get to see some fantastic coins, learn something new or both. You have an eye for VAMming and what seems like a never ending supply of Morgans that most of us only dream of so it has been a pleasure to be able to see some of your finds. There are people that has been VAMming for many years and never found some of the VAM's you have discovered in the few years you have been looking and not only the particular variety but they are usually in the Top condition of the ones that have ever been discovered, that in itself says allot about your eye and how much your contribution means to the hobby as a whole
Pillar of the Community
United States
1269 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  8:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Give yourself a huge pat on the back and a Russ!

Thank you very much for all the assistance you've provided and contributed.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.05 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05