Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 Canadian Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 Canadian Coins, Bank Notes, and Paper Money

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Three eBay sellers I always eliminate when I search eBay..

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
doubleeagle59
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
785 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  11:53 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Without naming them here are the clues:

1) this seller every evening lists about 500 inexpensive and overgraded coins which takes up so much space that it becomes a nuisance to search...so he's gone!

2) this seller from B.C. has some nice high grade coins but he has an annoying habit of taking about 25 pictures of each coin under a 50X magnification and using a 500 watt flood light that imparts so much glare that I need sunglasses to view his listings....so he's gone too!

and lastly 3) probably not as well known as the first two, this guy takes awful scans that have been so juiced on the 'soft' side that even a VF coin looks like an ms65.....each of his coins displays ms65 'flawless' surfaces...what a pleasure it is judging the quality of his coins...so he's gone too!

There's my rant for the evening.

Feel free to add to the list.

Edited by doubleeagle59
03/05/2012 11:56 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1194 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  12:31 am  Show Profile Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i've bought from seller #1. always got exactly what I paid for.

a pain to scroll through 500 listings? yes, but if you need a quick filler or just want a cheap coin they almost always have it (shipping included doesn't hurt either)

#2 - can't comment.

#3 - described pretty much 50% of all the sellers !
OFEC 290 photo catalog
http://s1343.photobucket.com/user/v...library/OFEC

all done with an iPhone !
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  5:22 pm  Show Profile Check kuh_85's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kuh_85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I've bought from #1 as well. I'd have to agree on the over-grading but I just bid the G4 or base silver price and sometimes come out ahead. Good thing I'm a speed reader/scroller though! :-)
Valued Member
Canada
68 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  8:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Corrupted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also filter out #1 most times, just too much when looking at other listings. Though I have bought from them in the past and will most likely in the future. I am sure we all know this seller.
Valued Member
Canada
108 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  12:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pimpim to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought some from #1 and yes he is over grading but I find his pics well descriptive and price aren't too bad. Yes he has a lot but I refine my search to skip him. But now I'm saving for Nuphilex at the end of March I prefer to deal with persons.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1549 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  07:05 am  Show Profile Check glenzy1's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add glenzy1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I find when I browse eBay.com, asyn drives me to drinkin'. I always have to enter the exclusion mode to eliminate his 5 million junky coins. And lately Coinmart has been listing foreign coins in the Canada category and that's been irritating me.
The coins that cameron has from B.C. are overgraded and overpriced, and the photos that hugues has for his coins are soo overblown and bright that it does no justice to his beautiful coins. There, now I feel better!

Glenn
Pillar Of The Community
United States
920 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  08:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canuck1us to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The photos (or scans) in the asyn listings show the coins looking a little rough - even the 2012 coins out of the proof and specimen sets. I am thinking that it must be more to to with the image capture rather than the coins themselves - they must have an "assembly line" system to get that many images uploaded every single day!

I really don't like the faded mint green background on all the listings!
Valued Member
Canada
291 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  09:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tamarin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't eliminate anyone. I enjoy seeing how foolish some buyers can be. The coin market must be improving because some of the bidding has been way out of whack in the last month. I saw a 1915 dime in VF go for over $150 US and a VG 1938 fifty cents reach almost 60 bucks. Yesterday a none too special group of four Canadian key small cents was tracing the stratosphere. Always something to be amazed by. And you never know when a diamond in the rough will show up. So why be unaware when one does?
Valued Member
Canada
188 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  12:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MJT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did purchase some nice dollars from asyn. 3 1947 dollars and 1 1945 dollars. On all 4 of them I came out ahead. Nice Dollar variants that I am looking for. I sent all 4 coins for grading and I resell the 1945 for profit and the 3 1947 come out with better grades than I thought
Previously Ousted
Canada
398 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  11:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coingirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
about 5 or so years back I bought a foreign coin from A. he had it graded MS. it arrived and was NO better than a VF. So, I complaint and he immediately offered to refund 80%.
I did not accept and insisted it to go back for a full refund including shipping both ways.
he rectantly agreed and... he blocked me from bidding on his crap. that block is still there today.
How childish and outright immature.
as far as his images are concerned, they are done very fast with a high power either white or blue light. all camera settings are the same. no care is put in to them.
I am just wondering WHERE he gets all his coins from?
Valued Member
Canada
317 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  12:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add timnic44 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a similar situation as coingirl. I had bought a few things from the same seller. He had sent me the wrong coin. When I informed him of it, he refunded me the money for the coin, never asked me to return the wrong coin and then blocked me. Customer service is definately not his strong suit.
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
Canada
3590 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  1:13 pm  Show Profile Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
His block list must be lengthy by now... I am blocked for leaving neutral feedback, calling his grading "optimistic"...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.ca/SPP-Ottawa
Valued Member
Canada
291 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  2:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tamarin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've bought a lot from him. I always know what I'm getting. And I've got some beauties. But perusing his listings I'm always surprised at the bids some of hie MS-65 coins bring.
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
13881 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  4:09 pm  Show Profile Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have five people blocked out that will never bid on my auctions.
Either intentionally late on payment, never paid, or, they blocked me for some reason.
Edited by vermontensium
03/10/2012 4:09 pm
Valued Member
Canada
291 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  7:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tamarin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I think some members might not mind sharing whom they block but I bet they won't reveal their favourite sellers. I have a few that I'd never reveal and I have them set on saved sellers and check every few days for what they might list. There are some sellers on eBay who are almost ignored and yet they have some spectacular bargains every few weeks or so. I don't understand it but I love it.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05