Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

$100 Star Note Finds & Questions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  09:30 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add amassey08873 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hello, I'm pretty new, when it comes to collecting Paper Money & Banknotes. I came across these $100 star notes in some money I received. And was wondering if just having a star makes them more sought after or valuable? The serial numbers don't seem to be anything special. There in really rough shape, and have writing and stamping on them....Figures...But they're still my first * finds. The other $100 on its side doesn't have a star, I just thought it was in pretty good shape, being found in circulation. Its weird cause the bills crisp and stiff, but it feels almost like it was crumbled up a hundred times then ironed out with some starch. lol It amazes me how quickly I've adjusted to the new bills, I now come to really appreciate the older bills.

I thank you for reading all this, any and all help will be well appreciated. Thanks again.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10986 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  10:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Star notes are sought after by collectors. Sorry to say your notes most likely have no collector interest because of low condition. The writing on a note most of the time makes it non collectible. Condition is very important. Here is a link on star notes if you want to read up on them http://mycurrencycollection.com/ref...s/lookup.php
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Pillar of the Community
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  11:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add amassey08873 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks John1! I'm going to follow the link, Its time I started expanding my collection. I can see myself falling just in love with this, as I am with coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  11:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add amassey08873 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's an awesome site! It turns out 1 of the bills came up red. DB00202971* Series 2003, Of course its the one in worst shape but still cool to find. I never knew that site existed. Thank You so much! Do you know of a site that looks up regular serial numbers, or without the star. I'm always looking at the serial numbers and wondering if its sought after.

Heres a what it says, thank god it has color cordination now I've got to do some research on what it all stands for. lol
If only it was in better shape.

$100 2003 - db00202971*

Run Size
Total Printed
2,240,000 (see production tables)
Fr. Number
2178 (view it in the gallery)
Run Number
Run Range
00000001 - 00320000
Month Printed
August 2004
Production Facility
Washington DC
Gaps
None
Comments
n/a
Edited by amassey08873
03/06/2012 11:39 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  1:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to hear you are getting into notes. A whole new world, as compared to coins. You'll enjoy it.

And if you want to get into something old about notes, look into Obsolete Notes or Fractional Currency.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10986 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  05:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do you know of a site that looks up regular serial numbers, or without the star.
http://www.uspapermoney.info/serials/
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.02 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05