Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Low SN on $2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
366 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  9:20 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add RollSeeker to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I got a 1976 $2 with an SN of B000002xx* (I just put x's where numbers are, no reason in particular). It's probably only in about Very Fine condition (although I'm a total newbie at currency grading) and has a medium sized tear near the center vertical fold. Any value on these sort of low SNs? I'm definitely keeping it for the cool factor anyway.

Learn More...
United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  11:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that would be considered a low serial number but the condition would hold the value down quite a bit and may even make it worth very close to face value as probably not many collectors would want it in their collection in such rough shape. it is a shame because low serial numbe4rs like that are very collectible
Valued Member
United States
366 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  11:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RollSeeker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I figured as much. Wish I could have saved Jefferson a decade or two earlier :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2535 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  8:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That s# in a quality note, big wampum........Nice find still......
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05