Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1912 s V Nickel

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3196 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  10:15 pm Show Profile Check CoinsKelly's eCrater Listings Bookmark this topic Add CoinsKelly to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Another purchase - I am thinking VG10. While all the letters in Liberty are visible, the dentils on the back hold it back from F12. What do you think?

Either way, I am very happy with it!

Pillar of the Community
United States
6002 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  10:58 pm  Show Profile Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am pretty sure the deciding factor for a F-12 is a full LIBERTY. Nice one!
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"

"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145

"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
Edited by oih82w8
03/06/2012 10:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5121 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  02:39 am  Show Profile Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG-10 sounds right, too slick to make a fine grade IMO.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982 • EAC Member #6202 • NBS Member • 2¢ variety collector.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2131 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  06:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jessvc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin all you need now is a 1912D and 1912blob to complete your 1912 year mintmark set for this nickel
Edited by jessvc1
03/07/2012 06:06 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3196 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  07:25 am  Show Profile Check CoinsKelly's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add CoinsKelly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, this was an upgrade for my set (the original one was a poor) . I have them in an old Whitman board, the one with the blue felt. I like the way the worn coins look in it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3179 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  11:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add upstate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F12; Nice
Pillar of the Community
United States
5268 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  4:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add D0ubl3Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with VG-10.
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  5:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chewyduck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's my PCGS graded example of a f-12.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3196 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  11:29 pm  Show Profile Check CoinsKelly's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add CoinsKelly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think VG10 at this point. I am glad the liberty is showing because it looks great in the whitman board.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4208 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  3:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ValiantKnight to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG-10
"For as long as Belisarius lives, it is impossible for him to relinquish this city." - Roman general Belisarius, responding to a group of Gothic envoys, during the Gothic siege of Rome in 537 AD

Attributed coins in my collection so far - Roman: 238, Byzantine: 34, Post-Roman Germanic: 21
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05