Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

$1 Silver certs

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  10:44 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add MMA10mm to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Let me start off with my apologies. This is my first attempt at scanning notes, with a new scanner, no less, and with my first attempt at using the image optimizer. At this point, I just hope this shows up right!

These are nothing spectacular -- very circulated, which a lot of the "pick-up" collecting (picking notes out of circulation) that my family has done in the past is based on. I have no misguidedly large expectations of value. Sentiment will mean more than cash for these. BUT, if this scan set works out OK, I may work on putting up some nicer notes that I'm inheritting that ARE in uncirculated condition...

So, let's see:

United States
8 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  10:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MMA10mm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well. They showed up! :) They are kind of hard to see, though... I think I need to spend more quality time with this new scanner. Maybe a higher resolution and some magnification -- only put one or two notes on at a time and zoom in on them to make them easier to see the details of?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  09:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The photos are very nice and clear. A little bigger would help to see the details of future photos. I can't even read the series on them.

I look forward to seeing other notes, especially CU ones.
Valued Member
United States
318 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  1:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cajunlady0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I find that if I change the resolution on my scanner to 1200 they are perfect........then I just resize them to "small webpage size". BUT.......... you will have to do them individually so we can see the details of each note.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05