Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How many different 50c does steve have?

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  3:44 pm Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I think it would be nice to be so grounded, knowing exactly what you want to collect.

I was wondering how many separate 50c you have steve and if you could post some pics for inspiration when something is shiny on eBay that doesn't fit my goals?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5045 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  4:54 pm  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You will have to give Steve some time for this.
It's a big warehouse
Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  06:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
you guys crack me up

gee, I wouldn't want to guess how many different individual coins there are... and I wouldn't want publish it just in case the missus every saw it anyway

by my count of:
- circulation issues
- mint set / UNC issues
- Proofs and
- NCLT
there are 312 different 50c coins (not counting errors, patterns, different mountings like PNC etc).

my want list is single digits, add 7 more (which I don't usually count) if you included the gold issues which are probably a little over priced at present.

nothing on the want list can be found by noodling
but I still do it for the thrill and the fun (that last one is for Ausjack as I know he likes the little fella ;-)
Edited by steve - Oz 50c man
03/08/2012 06:03 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  06:07 am  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Over 300! that's more than I would have thought actually. I never looked at catalogues and tried calculating it but still wow. You have done very well to stay dedicated to only one denomination. Any plans on getting the gold issues?
Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  06:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oh, and one on the want list is 'cause I actually have one, but it is slabbed... and really hate slabs... (there we go AJ)
this wouldn't normally been a problem for mr chisel, but is it the only one I have ever seen for sale of its type... and it is MS70... I just can't bring my self to crack it so am 'looking' for one in the original capsule... gee I am sad... LOL
Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  06:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
enworb, I know where I can get 'em, and almost popped on one yesterday... but better judgement got the better of me... I was in fact on the way to the jewelers for the upcoming 20 year sparkly thing... probably could have gone badly if the some of the cash has been diverted...
Valued Member
Australia
312 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  07:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ADMISLSE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
312! are you sure Steve? I have a complete set of 50c and I will post pictures later
Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  2:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
happy to be challenged Admislse.
This is made up of:
- circulation issues
- mint set / UNC issues
- Proofs and
- NCLT
So remember it is RAM and PM issues.
Post your list and I will tell you what is missing ;-)
Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  2:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oh, and there are at least 105 different PNCs that have an Australian 50c coin in them...
Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  3:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been really good and no but if you want I'm happy to oblige..never back down

and why pick on me fellow grump..trouts the

this is how I'd crack open that slab

Good to see ya back stevo, hope ya been well mate
Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  6:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks mate, same to you cobba
Valued Member
Australia
312 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  02:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ADMISLSE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
steve, here is my 50c collection
http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...IC_ID=113372
Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  03:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice. you have many others that have far lower mintages than the 2005 tho', I am always puzzled why people seem to think these are hard to find or rare (no offense intended admislse).

while I see you have one of each year, if you read my post you will see that my count of 312 includes all legal tender issues:
- circulation issues
- mint set / UNC issues
- Proofs and
- NCLT

so take 1973 for example, where you have one UNC coin, I count 3 - 1 circulated (mintage 4,009,000), 1 specimen/BUNC (mintage 30,928) and 1 proof (mintage 10,090).

my count includes precious metal issues as well, for example in 1988 there are 4 - 1 circulated (mintage 8,998,800), 1 specimen/BUNC (mintage 290,640), 1 proof (mintage 104,518) and 1 NCLT from the RAM 1988 masterpieces of silver set.

I also count die variations, so for 2004 there are 15!

Type mintage description

Circ 17,918,000 CoA (Small Head / Flat top A)
Circ 10,577,000 Primary School Design Winner
Mint/Spec 67,795 CoA (Small Head / Flat top A)
Mint/Spec 20,339 CoA (Large Head / Pointy A)
Mint/Spec 1,057,700 Primary School Design Winner
Mint/Spec 36,902 Primary School Design Winner
Proof 50,000 CoA (Small Head / Flat top A)
Proof 15,000 CoA (Large Head / Pointy A)
Ag NCLT Proof 6,500 CoA (Small Head / Flat top A)
Ag NCLT Proof 1,602 CoA (Large Head / Pointy A)
Ag NCLT Proof 8,203 Primary School Design Winner
Ag NCLT Proof 9,839 Kookaburra (kookaburra perched on a branch)
Ag NCLT Bullion 758 Year of the Monkey
Ag NCLT Proof 1,670 Year of the Monkey
Ag NCLT Coloured 26,192 Year of the Monkey

some mintage figures above are estimates...

My main 50c album has four sections:
1. circulated - every type issued for circulation as found (some of my favorites are here)
2. specimens - every type issued as Specimen / BUNC / ExMint Sets
3. proofs - every type issued Proof
4. errors - examples covering a selection of my errors

I have a separate large wooden box with trays for precious metals, and a range of other display and storage systems...
Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  03:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok, that was a nice easy to read table... didn't turn out like it tho'!
Valued Member
Australia
459 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  03:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dibby33 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jings. Love your work. I am just about to get some 50c from the bank!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5045 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  03:36 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And there I was sailing along nicely with my 50 cent collection
I had no idea there were so many of these funky shaped beautiful big coins out there
Better get my finger out and look a bit harder
Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05