Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 Metal Detecting Discussion Forums
 Metal Detecting Finds

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Old School Hunt (Toy Gun)

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
socceraustin23
Valued Member
United States
257 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  7:44 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add socceraustin23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

went to hunt this old school down the road from my house and found this Toy gun tried to find out how old it was but couldnt find it maybe one of you have an idea how to find out

Penny- 1910
Nickle- 1883
Dime- 1937
Quarter- 1964
Half- 1967
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4249 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  8:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TheNickelGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a Hubley Star circa 1955 to 65 cap gun mfg in Lancaster PA missing the 4.5 inch (or so) barrel and ejector rod section.
Worth finding for fun and excitement but a fairly common cap gun.
Valued Member
United States
257 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  9:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add socceraustin23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much you must know your stuff or I just looked at the wrong websites but thanks
Penny- 1910
Nickle- 1883
Dime- 1937
Quarter- 1964
Half- 1967
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4249 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  10:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TheNickelGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you imagine the fun that thing saw?
I had several cap guns as a kid and that was surely one of them.

I guess this one broke when one kid got the bright idea to whack a whole roll of unused caps with the butt of the handle?
( I was smart ... I used a brick )
Valued Member
United States
257 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  11:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add socceraustin23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yeah I searched the hole again after I thought for a while that there should be a barrel on this but I didn't get anything o well still a cool find. Going again on Saturday hoping for silver
Penny- 1910
Nickle- 1883
Dime- 1937
Quarter- 1964
Half- 1967
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1812 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  07:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool! That sure brings back memories, all us kids had cap guns in the '60's and '70's...buy a roll of caps and shoot up the neighborhood...I could be wrong, but I'm sure they don't sell em in the store anymore, they'd be plastic guns anyway. ffd
Oldest dug 2014: 1851 LC
2014 silvs from circ: 38
Oldest finds circulated:
1894 Barber half
1900 Victoria dime
Oldest dug: 1758 Reale
Minelab Explorer 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4249 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  09:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TheNickelGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know if you can find a roll of caps anymore. They used to come in a box with 5 rolls inside and you broke off a roll as they were perforated and stuck together. The box probably cost a whole nickel or a dime, tops, and you opened the side of the cap gun and fed the end in under the hammer.
When we played "cowboys and indians" or "good guys - bad guys" if you ran out of caps ... no problem, you kept on playing and just yelled "BANG! .... You're dead!" The poorer kids weren't left out, they could use a stick as a carbine if it looked close enough for our imaginations to be a long gun.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05