Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

good deals?

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  1:35 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

All the quarters I got for Bullion value... Did I do good?

I bought the dime for $3 1907. Good deal?

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  1:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry guys the first and the 5th match. 2nd and third match. 4th and 6th match... sorry guys
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4255 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  1:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can't go wrong for bullion value! Nice Buy
Want to Buy: PCGS Graded 1878-S Morgan dollar (PO-01)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  2:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Canadian banknotes
Learn More...
United States
16727 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  3:15 pm  Show Profile Check SsuperDdave's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely good deals. I'm a little at the "B.U." notations on a couple of the flips, but you did well with these.
The best thing about a bicycle is that it uses no gasoline, therefore the chance of fiery death is greatly reduced.

Catman, Gary Burke, Bigg Fredd, numismo - CCF members emeritus, now part of Heaven's Own Coin Club.

Our members sell on eBay!
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  3:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add seateddime48174 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the BU notations on the 2x2's is more likely BV for bullion value than the seller trying to pass them off as Brilliant UNC
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4255 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  3:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I noticed that as well Superdave, but like seateddime said I think they are supposed to be B.V.
Want to Buy: PCGS Graded 1878-S Morgan dollar (PO-01)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  4:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
aha, Its BV when I first went too him he had a silver dollar in bad condition written As "BV" but I thought it said "BU" and im like
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1610 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  5:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Apollo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice, you got awesome deals!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2784 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  5:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philadelphian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How much for the Bon Jovi album?
"Knowledge is the treasure of a wise man." --William Penn
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  5:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mouse pad and it was a gift from parents when they went to the concert.. they got me other stuff too
Pillar of the Community
United States
2784 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  5:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philadelphian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, couldn't resist. Personally, I feel any coin, in any condition, carries some premium value, however small, as a work of art and a piece of history that can only be taken away by melting it down INTO bullion. By saving these fine coins from that fate, I say you did do good, sir, and I commend you.
"Knowledge is the treasure of a wise man." --William Penn
Pillar of the Community
United States
550 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  5:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tatt2ed13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
--- ----

Yea , What he said cant go wrong , I also like keeping these gems from the melting pot . well done .! \m/ phil \m/
Pillar of the Community
United States
874 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  6:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mysilveryears to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think you did 'bad' < bit of a contrarian opinion here; yhbw > but if you lived down this way, you would quickly learn the fine art of discrimination. There are sooo many common date well worn SLQ's showing up in the local bullion sources here that it is simply impossible to 'rescue' them all. I know; I tried for awhile
It's okay to add these to your portfolio but as a hedge against falling silver price, you need to consider what you are really buying. I have totally removed any common date SLQ from my bullion pickings, unless it has full rims both sides and no PMD or severe rim bumps. These will be the coins that low budget beginning collectors of the future will seek out, not the ones barely fit for album display. Same rules apply to Barbers. And to Washingtons, only much more strictly: with silver anywhere over ~$30/oz., these need to be AU or better unless they are among the half dozen tougher dates. The worn and damaged ones are just too plentiful, and in the long run you will get more enjoyment out of a few choicer coins than a bagful of silver.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  6:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with you^ but I couldn't resist on these. The standing liberty are my favorite US coin. I only have a few US coins and these are some of them. I bought these coins only because they were selling for silver and were my favourite US coin. I'm going back soon to pick up some more US coins like a Morgan dollar 1885 O MS-63, 1868 3 cent piece and a 1831 10c. I'm also in Canada and don't see these coins often.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  11:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im going back to get a morgan and 3 cent piece. Hes asking for $50 and $22. The morgan is atleast MS-63 and the 3 piece is alright probably VG. Are the alright prices? or should I lower them?
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05