Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

you never know what is floating around in the cash register!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
718 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  5:20 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add mdh157 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Just got home.......on thew way, I stopped for gas, gave them $40. The guy working asked me if I wanted any gold dollars, he told me someone had just paid with $50 in them. I told him he could give me my change all with them. They are golden, not gold, mind you, but 4 of them were actually SBAs, one of which is an unc 1981-s!

I oughta go back and ask for more to see if there are any more of those. I realize this is no big deal ,but I am the kind of guy who is happy to get a 50's wheatie in change, so I'm loving it.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1006 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  6:13 pm  Show Profile Check matchbox's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add matchbox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's fun to get something out of the ordinary in change. Let us know if you go back and get something good.

Pillar of the Community
United States
5125 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  8:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add D0ubl3Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds!
Pillar of the Community
United States
718 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  8:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mdh157 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did go back......and he had 3 SBAs left. One of them is a 1979-s, looks like it might be proof but it's been circulated a bit. If it is proof it's a type I - flled S.

All of the other sbas I got today were p mints

the prize is the 81-s as it's real low mintage
Pillar of the Community
United States
938 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  10:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ghostrider to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guess it was worth the trip back. Anyway you look at it it was worth the trip. Nice going.
Pillar of the Community
United States
756 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  08:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wrk4lvg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
809 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  09:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lincolncentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find! S mint in the wild...gotta love that!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05