Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 Australian Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 Australian Coins, Bank Notes, and Paper Money

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Anyone else watch the great mint swindle on channel 9?

Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
enworb
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  06:08 am Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

All those 1kg gold bars

I want one now

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
972 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  06:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ozcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Start saving enworb.... or maybe studying how it was done?
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  06:20 am  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Joint CCF member effort...

Ausjack has already tunneled into the RAM vault a few times.... trout has all the tools in his shed... no one would suspect nancy cos shes too nice

we could put together an alright team
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
Australia
4968 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  06:35 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I met the Mickelberg brothers Years ago when they were abalone divers working the Zoypdorp cliffs north of here.
They seemed like nice blokes
Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
2732 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  07:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Peter THOMAS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
due to time zone difference, it's 9.36pm here, so I'm watching it now, with my laptop on my lap, dipping into CCF during the adverts.

It seems to take the line that they're all guilty-as-charged, so I wonder how the story will spin out ...
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  07:12 am  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What happens is ..... I wont spoil it

Just finished here in Adelaide. Was a good watch.
Valued Member
Australia
100 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  08:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add In2Fish2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I watched it and it was thought provoking for sure. If what was shown was factual I wouldn't be very happy if I was one of the Mickelberg lads.
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  2:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
trout-

You mean Zuytdorp?
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
4968 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  11:27 pm  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes big feller, That's the one. My Dutch enunciation is lousy
Big cliffs reef at the bottom and you can catch lobster by hand there
No need to dive for the abalone either at low tide they are on the top of the flat reef
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
853 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  05:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add goatieman23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very intense movie. A great film. I'm on holidays in surfers wih my wife & I wasn't going to miss it & I'm very happy I watched it.
For all those note collectors; a great movie is: The counterfeiters (world film with subtitles)
Wife was reading the Ben cousins biography in the other room.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
2732 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  07:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Peter THOMAS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Counterfeiters (2007)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0813547/
I think it's been on SBS - I'll make sure I see it next time it's up.

I must have had a lapse of concentration during "The Great Mint Swindle" -
the plot seemed to be that they were happy to defraud Alan BOND ("The Yellow Rose of Texas" case), but had clean hands in the larger case ...

Valued Member
Australia
338 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  9:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Enlil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never watched it, and never will. So what happened in the end?
Pillar Of The Community
1244 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  9:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Australian coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I didn't bother with it either, I saw all the adds on TV then when I went to watch it, well it was boring -- I caught the part where a guy was in a room and the punched him a few times, ye old gangster stuff- boring, Would of loved to have seen all the gold bars!
I ended up watching hellboy2 and gone in 60 seconds.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  9:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't watch it either but have read that the bad rich guys got away with it..when you have that sort of money you can cover just about anything and it's still unsolved I think..and always will be as too many high up involved

And who want in on the next one
Edited by Ausjack
03/12/2012 9:45 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
2732 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  07:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Peter THOMAS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
for those interested, it's being repeated at 9.30pm, tonight, on channel 90 "GEM".
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
4968 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  08:12 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the update Pete
I have met these blokes ( when there were 3 of them ) and they were dodgy buggers then. Truthfully they got a lot less than they deserved in my opinion.
It is an interesting yarn all the same, despite the inaccuracies.
Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05