Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Haul from the Greater Worcester Coin Show!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2992 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  5:29 pm Show Profile Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

All right, so I got up at the crack of dawn (literally, due to the time change which I almost completely forgot about) and drove to Auburn, MA, with the wife and kid this morning. Dropped the wife off at my brother's house to visit my new nephew, picked up my brother to give him a much-needed break from my new nephew, and headed over to the Greater Worcester Coin Show.

I wasn't sure what to expect, having never been there before. I knew it was a monthly show with up to 40 tables, but I figured there was a good chance that many of the tables would be empty and that it would be the same sellers trying to unload the same overpriced junk every month.

Well, I was pleasantly surprised! It wasn't anywhere close to the scale of the Bay State Coin Show I went to back in November, but it was still jam-packed full of dealers with quality merchandise and relatively fair prices. Some of the dealers, of course, had overpriced junk, but they were the exception.

My son was able to spend his Christmas and birthday money and get a bunch of $10-15 coins for his 7070 U.S. Type Album. I, on the other hand, ended up spending a whopping $700 on upgrades for my own 7070 album. I probably paid a bit too much for some of them but also think I got some good deals on others. Plus, I think I manged to get a few really nice gems in the process.

Did somebody say they wanted to see pics?

Pillar of the Community
United States
1142 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  5:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wornslick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, looks like you made some great buys. I really like the SLQ. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Wornslick

ANA R3154225

" The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me "
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  5:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wvparadox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Looks like a nice "haul" and well worth the time and effort to get to the show.
Thanks for the great pics
Pillar of the Community
United States
4950 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  6:09 pm  Show Profile Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ohhhh, I like that 1903 BHQ !
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Valued Member
United States
228 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  6:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 14ers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Terrific 20 Cents!
That had to have taken a big chunk out of your budget.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2992 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  6:22 pm  Show Profile Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, the 20-cent piece, the 2-cent piece and the Type I SLQ accounted for the bulk of the money I spent, that's for sure!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
8856 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  6:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like 'em all!
They would make a satisfying addition to any collection of classic U.S. coins.

For an addicted U.S. numismatic, they would give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

And I have just realised that I have 're coined' the word 'numismatic' as a noun! (something like 'coinaholic')

And the spell checker comes up with "gynaecology" as an alternative for 'coinaholic'? Weird.
Edited by sel_69l
03/11/2012 6:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5338 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  6:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add D0ubl3Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No wonder why I had trouble finding nice material to buy. Looks like you bought it all!
Learn More...
United States
14261 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  7:21 pm  Show Profile Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice coins with nice eye appeal! Glad you and your son had a great time :-)
johnny54321 - John Brawner, my eternal friend. You will be missed by your CCF Family.

CCF members sell on eBay!

vermontensium's coins for sale :p
Dave - ANA LM1214396, C4, EAC
Pillar of the Community
United States
902 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  9:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mysilveryears to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are all fine specimens but the 2c piece is a stunner. Congrats.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2533 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  9:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gothic Florin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I heard from some folks that is a good coin show. I'm in New England so will have to head over there at some point. I love the die cracks on the 20 cent piece - very nice!
Oldest Found:

Cent: 1899 - Two Cents: 1867 - Nickel: 1916
Dime: 1943 - Quarter: 1964 - Half: 1917

Canadian silver:
Quarter 1966
Pillar of the Community
United States
2992 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  9:41 pm  Show Profile Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They are all fine specimens but the 2c piece is a stunner. Congrats.

Yeah, that was probably my favorite a well. Assuming it's all original surface and hasn't been cleaned, I think I got a real bargain on it a well. Which probably means it has been cleaned, of course... Numismedia has it in MS62 RD at something like $280, and I paid $80 for it. I'm sure at that price there must be something wrong with it, but it sure looks great in my 7070 album...
United States
28 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  12:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eddied62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My girlfriend would kill for that 2 cent piece. Extremely nice score all the way around.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05