Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Tunisia 20 Franc 1948

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
21 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  5:46 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add btsmith to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Looking for any info you folks might have on this note.

There seems to be quite a range of valuations out there.

Also, I'm curious as to how this bill differed from the other Bank of Algeria note that's overstruck with "Tunisie."

Thanks again.

United States
16 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  8:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dave M to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a really nice note, and appears to be in great condition. Value will be tough as good quality notes of this period will be all over the price based on who's buying it and of course condition. I see a bit of foxing on it, but other than that it looks to be Unc?

I'm not sure if you're referring to a specific note as it being "different" from "the other note", but many notes from Tunisia up until about this time period were actually Algerian notes, overprinted "Tunisia". Then they started printing separate notes for Tunisia right around the time of this note. Also you'll see a lot of notes that were printed by Banque de France which have a classic French look, whereas this one was not, it was likely printed by the Bank of Algeria.

Dave
Valued Member
Australia
146 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  06:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add huckles888 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hey btsmith catalogue details for the note are as follows I believe:

1946-49 Issue

P22 - 20 Francs - 7.6.1948

values in my catalogue (which is not up to date) are Good - $3 Fine - $15 - XF $40

In regards to it being "hard printed" with Tunisie and not "overprinted" with Tunisie like previous notes I think you will find that it was issued only for exclusive use by the Tunisie Branch of the Bank of Algeria
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05