Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1999 Loonie in change

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Canada
3 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  11:24 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add milleyt to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I decided to stop into Mac's convenience to pickup a bag of Roasted Chicken chips (mmm) and I received this 1999 Loonie as change.
This is the first time I've received a non-circulation coin in change.

My guide says these were only made with PL and SP finishes. Does anyone have an opinion about what finish this is? Also, anyone know the mintage for the 1999 Loonie, my guide just says N.I.I.

It's my first post and first image upload so I hope you can see the images.

Thanks

Valued Member
Canada
58 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  11:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add loonietoon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good score! Almost beats the chicken chips.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2453 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  12:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CC-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like PL rather than Specimen to me.

I believe the mintage of PL sets was 117,318 regular sets and 74,821 with the Nunavut twoonie.

If it is SP, there were 45,104 of the Nunavut sets and 46,786 of the regular polar bear.

Plenty rare and quite a find in pocket change. Dunno if it's better than Roasted Chicken Chips but having the chips and the loonie is pretty sweet.
Valued Member
Canada
272 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  12:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add yves to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi !

Check that : http://coinsandcanada.com/coins-pri...ar-1986-2012

It don't look to be "normally" in circulation but the mintage are not know at this sourceThanks !

Thanks !
Pillar of the Community
United States
1620 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  12:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add daniels to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
did they give you that as a quarter or dollar any way its cool man I wish I got something that awesome as pocket change
Pillar of the Community
Canada
659 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  01:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Peter4805 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Milleyt
Roasted chicken chips and a '99 loonie all in the same day!
It doesn't get much better than that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
932 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  09:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canuck1us to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here in the US, the roasted chicken chips would be ever rarer!

Nice find!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1465 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  6:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petersun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So the price is not really high.
Joined on Nov 05 2011
Became a valued member on Nov 28 2011
Pillar of the Community -- May 28 2012
Canada
3 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  10:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add milleyt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies. I know it's not worth much but I was pretty happy to get it.
As soon as the guy handed me my change I knew something was odd about the loonie. Waited until I got in the car to verify that I did have something a little special.

Got my first Falcon quarter today too so a pretty good coin week for me

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05