Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1795 Flowing Hair Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
558 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  2:58 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add BrickellCat to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

What about this old girl?

Pillar of the Community
United States
870 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  4:11 pm  Show Profile Check kookoox10's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kookoox10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like it was cleaned some time ago...but man, who can argue with a flowing hair?!?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1325 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  5:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jeffrose to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG-8 details, old cleaning. Numerous rim dings. Still a good looking old girl. She certainly worked hard.

Appears to be Bolender 5 - BB-27 - common variety.

OPEN 24 HRS (but not in a row)
Pillar of the Community
United States
5338 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  7:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add D0ubl3Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would give it VG details with rim damage and a old cleaning.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3747 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  8:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If that old girl could tell her story....Every nick and bump would be a paragraph or maybe a chapter...What a great piece of American history!
Pillar of the Community
United States
558 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2012  11:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BrickellCat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's how they graded it. I swear I didn't file any rims.:)

Pillar of the Community
United States
1342 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2012  1:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add w1a9c8k5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
how much is a coin like this worth?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2667 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2012  12:08 am  Show Profile Check TJsCoins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
3339 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2012  4:57 pm  Show Profile Check rachums107's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow nice coin, for being 217 years old! Were the rims being filed due to people trying to scrape away silver to sell but keep the face value of the coin?
"Once you free your mind about a concept of harmony and music being correct, you can do whatever you want. So, nobody told me what to do, and there was no preconception of what to do."
-Giovanni Giorgio (Giorgio Moroder)

Silver War nickels found: 97
Oldest CRH find-1897 V-Nickel
Ignorance is bliss...but knowledge is power.
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2012  4:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BuffaloNuts to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would give it VG details with rim damage and a old cleaning.

How can you tell that is has been cleaned?

Quote:
how much is a coin like this worth?

Without the cleaning and rim dings probably a little more then 2k... In this condition I cant really say, only Brick can tell us that...

Still a great piece for its age. I would like to see any of us in this condition after 217 years. And with all that wear and those dings you know she had a good life. She didn't spend much time in a plastic holder or stashed in a drawer.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05