Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Much Effort Does It Take To Get A 7070?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  6:35 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add MorganDude26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I have been trying to get one online for months! Any ideas on how to get one?
Thanks
MorganDude26

Learn More...
United States
6561 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  6:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GO to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To buy just the album or to fill the entire thing?

Album - eBay. done

Fill it - It depends on how much time, money, and what your grading requirements are for each coin

Easiest way is to fill it and slowly upgrade as you go
Pillar of the Community
United States
3904 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  7:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They're revising it to take into account recent coins. Be patient so you can get the new version. Or you can get a different brand. The Intercept Shield one has basically the same slots and I like the way it's organized.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2150 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  7:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jokingjoker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Album - eBay. done

Check eBay and see how much luck you have. Most dealers must have used up their remaining stock.
Pillar of the Community
United States
870 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  7:12 pm  Show Profile Check kookoox10's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kookoox10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought mine from an eBay seller that had an auction of 6-7 of them, all used. I ended up buying the last one he had, sold out within a couple hours. And a couple words of advice going into these things. Decide what grade you want to achieve before starting your purchases, this will save you from spending money on cull or low grade coins which you know you will upgrade anyways. And take your time, don't feel obligated to fill the album with just any coins. Do some research and you will have a better collection as a result. And lastly, enjoy putting the set together!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2336 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  7:13 pm  Show Profile Check paleoguy45's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paleoguy45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hope you have a big shovel to start filling holes.. It's a wonderful quest filling the album, but be prepared for frustration, joy, anguish - the full gamut of pluses and minuses.... (Speaking from experience here)... Good luck with it! Enjoy the ride! + =
"Life's a journey - not a destination" ~ Aerosmith
Pillar of the Community
United States
3083 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  7:34 pm  Show Profile Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, it's a bit hard finding them online these days since they have been out of print for awhile and most dealers have exhausted their stock. As others have mentioned, there will supposed be a revised version coming out "soon," but it's anybody's guess when that will be. I recently bought one for my son from a local coin shop, so if you have any nearby you might want to consider calling around.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1269 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  8:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck Morgandude, I've been thinking about doing that myself.

Too many interests
Pillar of the Community
United States
870 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  9:24 pm  Show Profile Check kookoox10's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kookoox10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a deLeting that looks to have some left. Give them a call.

http://www.sloatcoins.com/itemdetai...e=S&item=200
Pillar of the Community
United States
870 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  9:25 pm  Show Profile Check kookoox10's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kookoox10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I meant dealer lol.
Learn More...
United States
14425 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  9:44 pm  Show Profile Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I bought my 7099, all dealers were sold out. I bought it new on eBay.
johnny54321 - John Brawner, my eternal friend. You will be missed by your CCF Family.

CCF members sell on eBay!

vermontensium's coins for sale :p
ANA LM1214396 - Early big copper enthusiast.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9158 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  09:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's a used one on eBay right now ending in three days
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dansco-No-7...em4ab521f7b0
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
781 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  1:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ArrowsAndRays to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's one, in a driveway, on a towel, with coins, some in the very rare "Find" condition:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dansco-Type...em3cc38cd31c
Secret Santa!
Upgrading my 7070 never ends!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 3.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05