Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1922 D Peace (Shine on)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
219 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  9:39 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Foolsgold to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Wow that one hurts my eyes

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...p=true&rt=nc

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  9:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Didn't get to see a picture of it. I even put on my sunglasses.
Edited by coincollect1
03/16/2012 9:52 pm
Valued Member
United States
219 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  9:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Foolsgold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  9:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW, thats is pretty shiny. almost like a mirror.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1635 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  10:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks like it was polished or something doesnt look good in my opinion
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  10:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MorganDude26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It seems to have been buffed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4299 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  10:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add amida17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It seems to have been buffed.

No doubt!
"...being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead." - Vonnegut
Pillar of the Community
Canada
659 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2012  01:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Peter4805 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone has done a real "mop and glow" on that one.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11186 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2012  05:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It does appear altered in some way,buffed or maybe plated.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Pillar of the Community
United States
1325 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2012  08:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jeffrose to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
50 yrs ago in High School chemistry class we would take a drop of mercury on a dime or quarter & rub it into the coin. They ended up looking like this.
OPEN 24 HRS (but not in a row)
Pillar of the Community
United States
604 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2012  08:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mackwork to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Severely buffed/polished. :(
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05