Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Good store for Canadian coin ?

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

Canada
272 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2012  7:30 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add yves to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hi !

I want to know if you know a good store for canadian coin ?

Good for me is :

- A store with fast communication, don't need to wait 2 day to have a e-mail answer...

- Good price

- Good services in general

- Ideally with a online catalogue

- Of couse, a store that I don't overgrade the coin !

Please don't talk to me about ebay and other online auction that everyone already know.

For Collector of Quebec, wich is the better in Montreal ?

Thanks !

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2012  8:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
colonialacres? not sure if they have the best prices. but alot of coins there
Previously Ousted
Canada
398 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2012  10:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coingirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yves, you are looking for what everyone else is looking for...
perhaps have a look at. George Manz coins.
always had excellent service, great info and good prices.
George does not have the lowest prices, but he does negotiate.
and you know what you get..
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1551 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  07:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add glenzy1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are my favourite seller/store on E-bay that I buy most from:
>Lighthouse Numismatics
>Colonial Acres
>J and M
>Coinmart
>Citadel Coins
>Gatewest Coins
>CCC CDN
>C & P Numismatics
>Delta Coins
>Platinum Proof

Many others, too many to list now that I think of 'em!

Glenn

Valued Member
Canada
108 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  10:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pimpim to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yves,
I would suggest to you to visit the Nuphilex coin and stamp show that will be held on March 30, 31 and April first at the Holiday Inn, 420 Sherbrooke West. It is anice occasion to meet dealers and compare prices and quality. There is a dealer on Ste-Catherine at the exit of Metro Papineau, where I've bought a few coins that weren't overgraded. I had also a nice chat with the owner of Rousseau coin and stamps at La Baie on Ste-Catherine. I think it's the seventh floor but I'm not sure. Happy hunting!
Valued Member
Canada
108 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  11:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pimpim to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By the way, I forgot to tell you that at Rousseau I've got good deals on supplies mainly albums and some recent quarters.
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  11:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TheCoinGeezer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see someone recommended Colonial Acres.
My eBay experience with them has been awful.
Twice they reneged on auctions claiming the item was "already sold".
I suspect (but can't prove) that they weren't happy with the auction prices realized (which were bargains for me!)
Another time a shipment never arrived.
The one shipment that did arrive took weeks to get here (NY) and wasn't even mailed until over a week after I paid.
Email responses from them took forever.
I will no longer do business with them.

Previously Ousted
Canada
398 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  1:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coingirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glenn, I am surprised you do business with a certain shop.....
totally surprised....
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1551 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  2:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add glenzy1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Coingirl, I've had no problems with that person/seller. I know who you mean because you mentioned the store in a previous thread, however, I give everyone a fair chance and need to be bitten myself to learn a lesson vs. judging sellers via third party hearsay! Just my nature of the beast I suppose. I hear a lot of neat things about you CG!

Glenn
Valued Member
Canada
272 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  3:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add yves to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi !

On ebay I never see one coin at good price with " buy it now " option. For bidding on ebay you must have a lot of time.

I check the price of J&M on his store ( not on ebay) the price have a little discount but he charge 10$ for shipping, I don't know if he take offer ?

Pimpim : I'm not from Montreal, I'm from Quebec city but I'm going to montreal sometime, I'm going to visit Rousseau at La Baie but look like expensive and not a lot of stock and I'm going to this one on Metro Papineau, if I remember right, I think that I have see a lot of overgraded coin and he don't have a lot of choice. I just see what he have on the showcase, maybe that it have other in a book or something like that.

If someone know some other place or have comments, let's go for it ?

Thanks !
Pillar of the Community
Canada
936 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  3:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In reference to the comment "I am surprised you do business with a certain shop....."

Personally, I do my best to avoid any business with them.

On occassion, I have had no choice but to deal with them.

I have had two unpleasant experiences with them:

One in which he didn't keep his word.

Another, when he butted in front of me at a coin show and bought a coin I would have purchased. I turned to him and told him straight out "You have no class at all".
Edited by doubleeagle59
03/18/2012 3:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1793 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  11:26 pm  Show Profile Check kuh_85's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kuh_85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't had any trouble with Colonial Acres but I buy direct through their website, not on eBay. They run as two 'separate' businesses. You can find cheaper if you put in the time but their monthly blowout prices are a bit better if they happen to list what you're looking for. They're posted on the 10th each month but disappear fast.

I've dealt with mtmstores from Montreal a lot. Only through eBay though. Had a couple of problems with the wrong coin shipped etc but he always came through and fixed it for me. I've been buying Proof coins from him so can't speak to the grading though :-).
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
277 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  1:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add motoryoda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have purchased from Colonial and did not have a problem. Price was okay, but at the end of the day, they had what I wanted!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1533 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  12:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petersun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
colonialacres

No way! Unless you live in Missisauga, you get big shipping!

Even the blowouts, I still don't like them with the shipping.
Joined on Nov 05 2011
Became a valued member on Nov 28 2011
Pillar of the Community -- May 28 2012
Valued Member
Australia
262 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  03:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nicwinner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes, need consider the postage before you make order.
Canada
48 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  11:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add numismateer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dealers usually know when they don't have to give bargain prices. If the piece rarely is available, expect to pay full trend or more from any of them. If that's not agreeable to you, expect never to get that coin. Chances are if they're offering bargain basement prices, the coins are either very common or overgraded or both. Who gives the best "deal" should not always be your top priority.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Shop at PDS Coins!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05