Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 Australian Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 Australian Coins, Bank Notes, and Paper Money

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Got some 1ds on a trip

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
ADMISLSE
Valued Member
Australia
312 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  10:40 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ADMISLSE to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Just came back from a business trip and here are the pennies I got from the local antique shop.

Valued Member
Australia
312 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  10:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ADMISLSE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the 1915 Penny is with H(London mintmark). both 1941 Pennies are K.G mintmark. The first 1962Y I think is a die variety
Valued Member
Australia
262 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  11:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nicwinner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
those are common coins, how much you cost?
Valued Member
Australia
284 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  12:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm amazed at the eBay prices for 1914 Pennies,always had heaps of them(in poor grades) and sold about 50 of them a few years ago for $5 each and was very pleased but now its hard to get one for under $10.If the cycle swings down again i'll have to start buying for the first time in 20 years.
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
Australia
4858 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  12:47 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the 1915 Penny is with H(London mintmark). both 1941 Pennies are K.G mintmark. The first 1962Y I think is a die variety

The 1915 is indeed a London mint, no "H' under the date.
the 1915 with the "H" under the date was minted in Birmingham ( Heaton mint)
the 1941 pennies could be K dot G but without a magnified image or a Lupe it is impossible to tell.
Finding the dots on 1940 and 1941 pennies requires a good Lupe as the dots are tiny.
The first 1962 coin has PMD on the rim.
Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Valued Member
Australia
312 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  02:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ADMISLSE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks trout. The 1915 does have the H mintmark, just can't see from this picture (it's really hard to take a good pictures of coins). The both 1941 are K.G, again just can't see from the picture, it is always hard to spot the dot , LOL. I paid $2 / each coin.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
508 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  02:34 am  Show Profile Check the-purple-penny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add the-purple-penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The top 62 has a ragged (end of bar) edge clip, you can see the blakesley effect on the obverse.
Edited by the-purple-penny
03/20/2012 02:35 am
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  08:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The first 1962 coin has PMD on the rim.

Didn't notice that at first. As purp points out, it's a nice clip.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
4398 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  4:33 pm  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
those are common coins, how much you cost?

The 1914 and 1915 are not particularly hard to find but they are a lot lower mintage than most other penny dates. I think most early collectors will pay around the $10 for very worn examples just to fill a gap. $2 is a good buy for both of these.
Valued Member
Australia
312 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  6:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ADMISLSE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks the purple penny for pointing this out.
Valued Member
Australia
85 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  9:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add airgem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think Trout is in his shed banging away trying to create his own ragged clip
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love Coins$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano GlassCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05