Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sacagawea "Gold"

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
120 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2012  12:31 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add markn984 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

As a follow up to the presidential gold thread, here is a Sacagawea dollar listed a $1 U.S. gold coin.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SACAGAWEA-G...t_500wt_1287

Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2012  12:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sent a message to the seller. I'm not sure who is worse, the seller or the bidders?

The coin is going for $20.50 right now and he didn't even put a photo of the real coin, but instead a drawing of it. He probably stole the image from the Mint's web site too.

And I reported it to eBay too. I wish they had a box to put a note in it.
Edited by wquinn
03/29/2012 12:55 pm
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2012  12:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Polo4121 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's nuts that's it's up to $20!
Valued Member
United States
208 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2012  1:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rewster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's gone now. Nice call on reporting it!
Valued Member
United States
120 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2012  1:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add markn984 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup, I just got a message from customer support telling me they yanked it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2012  3:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just hope eBay gives them some type of penalty, so they remember not to do something like that again.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4252 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2012  6:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TheNickelGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I feel left out ..... good work team. I missed it but did anyone notice the sellers name? I think they deserve some recognition for all their hard work.
Valued Member
United States
78 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2012  03:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add corey9493 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for getting it down!
Valued Member
United States
120 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2012  6:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add markn984 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just hope eBay gives them some type of penalty, so they remember not to do something like that again.

They will put a violation on the seller's account. If the seller accrues enough violations, their account will get suspended.

Quote:
I missed it but did anyone notice the sellers name?

I don't remember.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05