Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Blanks/Plancets

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Australia
300 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2007  10:04 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add gnome to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

This set has taken me about 4 years to complete.
It comprises of a full set of Australian Decimal blanks/plancets.
Starting with the smallest denominations. Thought I'd share.
1c and 2c [no longer used in circulation]

5c and 10c

20 and 50

$1 and $2

Pillar of the Community
United States
819 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2007  03:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ElleKitty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that's really cool. I would love to find one of those for the fifty cent piece. I think I have one for the dollar coin, but I'd have to go digging through my collection to find out for certain.
Valued Member
Australia
300 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2007  8:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gnome to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Elle Kitty, the 50 was the first one I obtained.
The hardest one to find was the 20c. I am currently working on a second set, still have the $1, $2,20c and the 10c to go again.
Pillar of the Community
United States
819 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2007  8:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ElleKitty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you come across a spare 50 center planchet, I would be interested in it. The fifty cent coins are my absolute favourite, out of my favourite country to collect.
Valued Member
Australia
300 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2007  9:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gnome to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No probs will keep my eyes open for you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4589 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2007  10:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scoutjim99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow I try to get everyone I can getb as well I have a few American
Valued Member
Australia
300 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2007  10:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gnome to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would like to see pics, Scoutjim99, of what you have.
Wasn't sure if there was much interest in these.
I'll post some pics of the predecimals I have, a little later. Only partially done.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4589 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2007  10:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scoutjim99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
anything that has to do with coins is interesting to me
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1360 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2007  03:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Snooba to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very, very impressive! Thanks for posting these photo's gnome.

Valued Member
Australia
60 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2007  04:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RareSov to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
gnome, those are awesome !

If you complete a second set, will you sell me a set ? if so, let me know what the price would be, and include your time! no need to skimp I'm happy to pay a good price ! I currently only have one blank, a $2 blank which is used so not so attractive! yours all look fantastic.
Valued Member
Australia
300 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2007  04:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gnome to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you liked them, Rare Sov,I don't know how long it will take to put another set together. You could be waiting awhile .
Learn More...
United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2007  10:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it is a cool set to have also. I was going to try to do a dansco7070 with only proofs or patterns but decided against it, boy am I glad I did, I can't even fill the one I have now with regular business strikes because I am trying to find problem free coins and some of the older coppers are just hard as hens teeth to find as I am sure blank planchets of each denomination would be
Learn More...
United States
7123 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2007  1:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Metalman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice collection of Blanks and congratulations on keeping after them to complete the set ,,4 years is a long time your to be commended for the patience !

Metalman
Valued Member
Australia
300 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2007  7:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gnome to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thankyou. Yes 4 years was a spell, however collecting the predecimal blanks/plancets is taking even longer, this project has been going on for about 7 years and counting, with only 3 collected, the florin, penny and halfpenny.
Valued Member
Australia
161 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2007  1:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add secretsquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice set gnome. I have been working on a set of both blanks and planchets and not just a mixed set. I'm 2 away from completing it.
If I remember correctly I need an unrimmed 20c and $2 blank

ElleKitty I will be adding blanks and planchets to my store soon and may have a spare 50c blank.
Valued Member
Australia
300 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2007  7:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gnome to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Best of luck completing your sets. SS.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05