Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Blanks/Plancets

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Australia
300 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2007  10:04 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add gnome to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

This set has taken me about 4 years to complete.
It comprises of a full set of Australian Decimal blanks/plancets.
Starting with the smallest denominations. Thought I'd share.
1c and 2c [no longer used in circulation]

5c and 10c

20 and 50

$1 and $2

Pillar of the Community
United States
819 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2007  03:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ElleKitty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that's really cool. I would love to find one of those for the fifty cent piece. I think I have one for the dollar coin, but I'd have to go digging through my collection to find out for certain.
Valued Member
Australia
300 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2007  8:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gnome to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Elle Kitty, the 50 was the first one I obtained.
The hardest one to find was the 20c. I am currently working on a second set, still have the $1, $2,20c and the 10c to go again.
Pillar of the Community
United States
819 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2007  8:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ElleKitty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you come across a spare 50 center planchet, I would be interested in it. The fifty cent coins are my absolute favourite, out of my favourite country to collect.
Valued Member
Australia
300 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2007  9:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gnome to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No probs will keep my eyes open for you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4589 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2007  10:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scoutjim99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow I try to get everyone I can getb as well I have a few American
Valued Member
Australia
300 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2007  10:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gnome to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would like to see pics, Scoutjim99, of what you have.
Wasn't sure if there was much interest in these.
I'll post some pics of the predecimals I have, a little later. Only partially done.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4589 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2007  10:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scoutjim99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
anything that has to do with coins is interesting to me
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1360 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2007  03:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Snooba to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very, very impressive! Thanks for posting these photo's gnome.

Valued Member
Australia
60 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2007  04:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RareSov to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
gnome, those are awesome !

If you complete a second set, will you sell me a set ? if so, let me know what the price would be, and include your time! no need to skimp I'm happy to pay a good price ! I currently only have one blank, a $2 blank which is used so not so attractive! yours all look fantastic.
Valued Member
Australia
300 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2007  04:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gnome to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you liked them, Rare Sov,I don't know how long it will take to put another set together. You could be waiting awhile .
Learn More...
United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2007  10:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it is a cool set to have also. I was going to try to do a dansco7070 with only proofs or patterns but decided against it, boy am I glad I did, I can't even fill the one I have now with regular business strikes because I am trying to find problem free coins and some of the older coppers are just hard as hens teeth to find as I am sure blank planchets of each denomination would be
Learn More...
United States
7123 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2007  1:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Metalman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice collection of Blanks and congratulations on keeping after them to complete the set ,,4 years is a long time your to be commended for the patience !

Metalman
Valued Member
Australia
300 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2007  7:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gnome to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thankyou. Yes 4 years was a spell, however collecting the predecimal blanks/plancets is taking even longer, this project has been going on for about 7 years and counting, with only 3 collected, the florin, penny and halfpenny.
Valued Member
Australia
161 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2007  1:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add secretsquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice set gnome. I have been working on a set of both blanks and planchets and not just a mixed set. I'm 2 away from completing it.
If I remember correctly I need an unrimmed 20c and $2 blank

ElleKitty I will be adding blanks and planchets to my store soon and may have a spare 50c blank.
Valued Member
Australia
300 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2007  7:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gnome to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Best of luck completing your sets. SS.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05