Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Discouraged Sellers

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17
Pillar of the Community
United States
1263 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2011  8:17 pm  Show Profile Check seal006's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add seal006 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
His shipping on the item I was asking about was .99 NOT $2.49. I was interested in over 10 of his items but did not think that I would pay $1 for each and every coin when purchased together. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl..._2934wt_1139 Asking a question BEFORE I make a purchase is not being a bad buyer, it is being a smart buyer. I have been buying and selling on eBay for 10 years. I have a 100% satisfaction rating. The reason for my post on here is to inform others of the unprofessionalism shown by this seller. Look at his responses to people that left negative feedback.
www.allgoodcoins.com

"If Free Speech stops when someone gets offended, it is not really Free Speech."
Edited by seal006
03/04/2011 8:18 pm
822 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2011  8:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scubu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just reported 50 of his listings for using stock photos for raw coins. Feel better?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1263 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2011  8:48 pm  Show Profile Check seal006's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add seal006 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I go into the cell phone store I do not simply purchase at the asking price without first asking for a better deal. If Verizon acted like this guy did I would buy from someone else, and then let everyone know how poorly I was treated. I am a business owner as well. There are ways you can make your point to a customer without resorting to the way this seller did. For you to think otherwise shows what integrity and customer service means to you.
www.allgoodcoins.com

"If Free Speech stops when someone gets offended, it is not really Free Speech."
822 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2011  8:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scubu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now here's what I'd be REALLY mad about.

Look at the obverse an reverse pics next to the blurry slab photos on these three different Morgans.

I'll leave those for you to report.
Edited by scubu
03/04/2011 8:50 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3494 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2011  9:36 pm  Show Profile Check Maineman750's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Maineman750 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got to agree with scubu...the guy is a crook, but you weren't asking for a better deal, you were asking why he had a policy that was clearly stated. I could understand why he responded the way he did...not good for business..but not over the top.Remember, each coin may need to be individually wrapped,weight makes a difference,and insurance does too. 99 cents per coin sounds pretty reasonable.
Lincolncentresource.net
Rest in Peace
Learn More...
United States
5375 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2011  07:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coinguybrian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Often though, sellers have a '99 cents per coin up to a certain amount' and won't actually charge $10 or $20 for a couple coins unless there's some clear reason like insurance, even if they don't note that there's an upper limit for shipping charge.
Pillar of the Community
United States
501 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2011  08:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Billie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Regardless of this particular seller's ethics, I always request or inquire about combined shipping on multiple wins. Legitimate business people will attempt to accommodate a customer.
Get as given with the tone of the question.
822 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2011  09:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scubu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As of this post the seller only has 8 listings running instead of almost 500 normally running. This is due to me taking a mere 15 minutes to report all the listings using stock photos. He has now been reprimanded and if he does it again faces suspensions. So now he has to take photos of every single coin he lists.

Moral of this story? Don't just whine about it, take a few minutes and do something. Don't believe the buttheads that say eBay doesn't care, because they certainly do.
Rest in Peace
Learn More...
United States
5375 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2011  11:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coinguybrian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^^ That's not entirely true, many scams are subtle and still stay within the rules and eBay doesn't do anything even if prodded to do so. Like any business, they care about their bottom line more than 'fairness'. Which is expected. that being said, reporting can help.
822 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2011  11:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scubu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
many scams are subtle and still stay within the rules and eBay doesn't do anything even if prodded to do so.

99% of these so-called "subtle scams" people just assume are scams and sometimes rightly so. But you cannot "prosecute" on an assumption. eBay does have things in place to detect these sellers base on other behind the scenes things (returns, chargebacks, complaints, violations, DSRs, feedback, etc...) and they most certainly do act on them as soon as they can.
Rest in Peace
Learn More...
United States
5375 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2011  2:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coinguybrian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It depends on what you mean by 'assume'. If you mean 'assume' as in making an educated guess that has a sizable chance of being wrong, I suppose you're right. If there is clear evidence that the seller is doing something unethical but it cannot be 'scientifically proven', then that's a different story. The point you're perhaps missing that even with all those complaints, returns, etc...many of these sellers get away with it 99% of the time because of eBay's relatively unintelligent (on average) demographic, and to add insult to injury, a lot manage to maintain a top-rated seller ranking. The system is flawed, as all are...and its easily possible to be highly unethical without breaking the rules because eBay's rules aren't everything. If you think I'm just 'whining', go look at basement slabbers/artificial toned sellers that fool buyers with their high feedback.

Also, I have no problem with the idea that the CCW cares, but I don't really think eBay itself does beyond their bottom line (i.e. preventing a mass exodus that hurts them financially). Which is, again, expected corporate behavior in this society so it really isn't surprising or 'evil' or anything.
Edited by coinguybrian
03/12/2011 2:12 pm
Rest in Peace
Learn More...
United States
5375 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2011  1:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coinguybrian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Avoid coin$andy. Responded like a 10 year old to my question about shipping.
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2011  07:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ClinkinKY to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TO SHADOW CREATOR:
"Most of these are nonsense AT self slabbers, etc. I have more, don't know where they are."

To Shadow Creator: I know what a self slabber is but what does AT stand for? The reason I ask is because one of the sellers listed in your post is someone who has numerous beautiful toned coins and I am suspicious because it seems that EVERY coin he offers is beautifully toned. Thanks
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2011  07:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ClinkinKY to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never mind Shadow. I just figured it out--artificial toning. The one negative response he had stated:
"Negative feedback rating Can rub "TONING" off with soft cloth. All coins he has are "TONED". You decide."
Hard to believe this is the only negative feedback he has from 8000+ transactions. That's suspicious in itself.
Valued Member
United States
285 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2011  8:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jdbarrick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's really too bad there are twice as many posts in the discouraged sellers forum as there are in the recommended sellers...

Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05