Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coins found. What are they worth?

Previous Page
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
United States
3189 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2006  08:23 am  Show Profile Check swamperbob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add swamperbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Squid - I like that one. Do you know how it was made?
Valued Member
Australia
346 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2006  1:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PNC king to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Squid

I have a similar coin that I got my hands on a while ago. Its obviously a fake, cost me $12. I just use it to fill my empty space.

What do you guys think of my fake?

AND NO! Im not trying to sell it! haha

James

a great space filler until you get your hands on a real one
Valued Member
United States
155 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2006  2:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Myst to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I wanna fill a space and can't get my hands on an original I usually just use a coin in that spot to show the opposite side of the coin. Not a groundbreaking idea or anything just personal preference hehe.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4589 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2006  2:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scoutjim99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Myst

If I wanna fill a space and can't get my hands on an original I usually just use a coin in that spot to show the opposite side of the coin. Not a groundbreaking idea or anything just personal preference hehe.

I often do that as well, great idea. I am kind Of funny that way The set doesn't look right unless all the spaces are filled
Valued Member
New Zealand
227 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2006  10:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add grouse12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After reading all of this thread I think it is nice to know that we have so many people to defend us from unpleasant individuals such as mattski.Also I think that Susan and Bob should change from forum mom and dad to supermom and superdad!! By the way,nice coin Squid!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1083 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2006  9:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pattiewhack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just out of interest, could anyone tell me one of mattski's email's? Or is that against any moral rights or rules? I just want to try something...

andrew
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1360 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2006  07:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Snooba to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by pattiewhack

Just out of interest, could anyone tell me one of mattski's email's? Or is that against any moral rights or rules? I just want to try something...

Pattiewhack, did you manage to do whatever it was you were planning?
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1083 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2006  7:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pattiewhack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nope... no one ever emailed me...

andrew
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1360 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2006  12:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Snooba to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pattiewhack, keep us updated on whatever it is you are going to do?
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1083 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2006  11:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pattiewhack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
will do thanks for the info.

Andrew
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1083 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2006  11:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pattiewhack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
got the email off. now, for the reply...

Pillar of the Community
Australia
655 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2007  07:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Learjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This must be a relative of Mattski.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...320146794370
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2817 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2007  2:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Peter THOMAS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
G'day, the seller hasn't gone to much trouble: Australian KGV coins have a full bust, and the King is wearing his crown.
From my limited knowledge, the coin depicted at 320146794370 is a British penny. There is no pic of the reverse.
So I guess, after you've paid your 30,000 razoos, you get a real, genuine 1930 penny, with Britannia on the other side.
A tough point to sue over ...
I suppose anyone stupid enought to pay up, would be too silly to ammass the purchase price.
Peter in Oz
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2011  11:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At least ccf members can be sure he's a liar.

If a dealer offered $500 for it, why try selling it on eBay for less, plus fees, plus general aggravation?
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05