Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Brockage rupee

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1473 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2009  8:40 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add alganbagerap to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I'm rather guessing that this is a brockage rupee. Anyone have a firmer idea?

I want to own more medals than a four star general. Give generously
Pillar of the Community
United States
1129 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2009  6:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mikediamond to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a brockage, but you'd better weigh it and compare it to a normal rupee of the same period to establish its authenticity. These sorts of errors are easily faked.
Error coin writer and researcher.
Learn More...
Australia
11220 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2009  7:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What's the other side look like? Does it look "normal"?
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Pillar of the Community
United States
1229 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2009  12:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Numismat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Shouldn't this side of a brockage be incuse? The bust detail appears to be in high relief.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1291 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2009  8:40 pm  Show Profile Check markn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add markn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is incuse, the letters are mirror imaged. I've seen several brockages from this era so I imagine it is a real one. A picture of the other side would be nice.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
860 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2010  11:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add D to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice......Can you post a picture of the other side..

I was checking into the India Mint, there are 4 run by the government and there are some neat error coins from there...makes me wonder if employees sneak some out....
Pillar of the Community
Australia
8856 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2010  03:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Certainly the mirror image on the Victorian coin shown here looks genuine.

That's a very fair question that the other side of the coin should also be examined closely. The reason for this is that if it were done if the coin was struck with another coin on top of it in a backyard operation, the opposite side of the coin would show some signs of distress.

A genuine mint error should show a perfectly normal opposite side of the coin.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1473 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2010  05:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alganbagerap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

This is how she looks, and she's seen some circulation; as always seems to be the case with Indian errors.
I want to own more medals than a four star general. Give generously
Pillar of the Community
Canada
860 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2010  11:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add D to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mirror Brockage........Beauty..
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  7:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Butch to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What I notice here and just about every other authenticated mirror brockage rupee I've seen is that there is no reeding inside the rim on the error side. I have brockage rupee coins on the way that have solid strikes on both sides but have reeding inside the rim. Please let me know your thoughts. Would be MUCH appreciated.

http://i43.tinypic.com/35kqzx5.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/2r7vfie.jpg

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2012  3:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Butch to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can anyone please advise?
Learn More...
Australia
11220 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  06:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Presence or absence of rim beading would depend, I would think, on the pressure of the dies applied and the hardness of the matrix coin. I wouldn't worry about it.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  7:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Butch to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much for sharing your insight. So far, no one has been able to prove those two coins as fakes. There are perfect mirrors out there, but certainly not many.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05