Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Toned Coins!

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2010  10:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coindigger657 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A friend gave me some coins he collected from circulation years ago and there are several that are toned. Here is one that is fairly nicely toned.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1534 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2010  10:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wheatguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Walker. I usually don't like low or middle grade coins with toning, but that half has a nice orginial look to it and the toning goes along with the wear.

Quote:

To continue on captaincurt's question, If I were to put together 50 toned cents and sell them as a roll, could I make more than face value?

It would vary greatly. First, the type of toning the coins would have, and of course, the look of them. If you were to find 50 toned cents from rolls, it would be very difficult, even if you found some coins with grime or verdigris that you considered toning. Eventually, if you found the toned cents you could defenitely sell them for a profit on ebay, but such a goal in my opinion is unrealistic. Nice NT cents are hard to find.
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2010  09:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MarshallGirvin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks wheatguy. I'm stashing all the nice ones away as of now so maybe I'll do some research later as to what is selling.
Valued Member
United States
120 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2010  7:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tcmac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a 1989 Siver Eagle ... passed to me from my Mom ... who most-likely had it laying around in a cigar box in the closet ...

Valued Member
United States
195 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2010  7:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rollhunter1994 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked up this toned Eisenhower dollar for only $5 at my shops bidboard a few weeks ago. I dont know why nobody else was bidding. The ones in the plastic cases are 40% silver right?

Anyway, here it is.

Valued Member
United States
133 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2010  7:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jason11006 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thats a nice looking coin rollhunter. I would have paid $5 for it too and I dont even collect toned coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1534 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2010  8:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wheatguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Ike. Definitely worth the $5 you paid and it could be either a silver proof or it could be clad. Just look at the edge to find out. If it has a copper reeding it isn't silver. And nice Silver Eagle, Tcmac, I like the light, attractive toning it has.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1160 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2010  7:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jprine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another one.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1534 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2010  6:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wheatguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another nice Silver Eagle, jprine. Silver Eagles with wild toning usually don't impress me but yours is nice, especially the obverse.
Pillar of the Community
United States
517 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2010  7:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StJoeBlues to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Rollhunter, if that is natural toning on that Ike, it's fantastic. My wife, who isn't much into my hobby, wanted that one. Just beautiful.
Matt
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1160 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2010  9:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jprine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Wheatguy-I have seen these real colorful toned coins before and being fairly new at this, I wasn't sure if this was natural toning. I purchased this ASE as a bu in 2000. It has been in a flip since then so I know the toning is natural. It does look pretty cool. I have several of these stored in the same way and in the same place and this is the only one to do this. Go figure.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1534 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2010  11:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wheatguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I'm not to familiar with toned but that one is nice. I wonder if your other Silver Eagles in flips will tone.

Quote:

Hey Rollhunter, if that is natural toning on that Ike, it's fantastic. My wife, who isn't much into my hobby, wanted that one. Just beautiful.

It definitely is a nice coin, regardless of if it is AT or NT. Even some AT coins can look nice.
Edited by wheatguy
02/12/2010 11:45 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1524 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2010  12:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eddiespin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's something different, a toned straight clip, it's a '46. It looks a lot nicer in-hand.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5485 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2010  3:40 pm  Show Profile Check nohope587's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nohope587 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even Drab toning can be attractive.
But then beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Richard Barnes www.mycoins.us
(www.winsociety.org) WINS#366
eBay nohope587 ANA#1200381
Coins for trade
http://www.mycoins.us/Trade/CCFtrades.htm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6152 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2010  4:00 pm  Show Profile Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is one of my toned Ike's;
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Shop at PDS Coins!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05