Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 US Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 US Modern Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Post Your Toned Coins!

Previous Page | Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2009  4:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eagle1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1925 DDO (prominent on 9 and Y)

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1534 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2009  9:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wheatguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How is a price applied to Toned coins ? In a common date I guess the collector is paying the premium for just the fact that's it's toned?

I may be wrong, but there is no set price for toned coins. Some people would pay less for toned coins, and some people would pay huge premiums. It all depends on if the toning is natural or artificial, how attractive it is, and if the people interested in buying the coin likes toning.

I personally like attractive and natural toning, but there are some types of toning I do not really like. I've seen many common dates go for gigantic prmiums just because of the way it was toned. A good example is this 1881-S Morgan. This is one of the most common Morgans, with many high grades, but they are selling it for $850 because of the toning. Hope this helps.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...DI%26otn%3D2

And nice coins, eagle1, I like the strong doubling on that Lincoln.
Valued Member
United States
382 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2009  4:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tonphil1960 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ahh I see that's what I though, I'd never pay that kind of premium for toning I see that. I guess if I like it and the price is in the untoned range I am good to go.

Tony
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1534 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2009  5:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wheatguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Although I wouldn't pay that much for that Morgan, I'd probably pay a premium for a toned coin that really appeals to me. Here's one that is ok, the pics make it look really bad, but in hand it isn't terrible. And sorry for the bad pics, I can't find my loupe.

Edited by wheatguy
11/19/2009 7:13 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
6497 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2009  11:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moe145 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I posted this on the Classic coin grading area but it also fits here.

An 1820 Capped Bust Half.

Links to ALL previous "Days of..." Threads:
http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...08352#108352
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1534 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2009  1:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wheatguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, very nice coins, Moe. That bust half is really nice. Here's a nice Mercury that I found in my Dansco. It has nice crusty toning:

Valued Member
United States
101 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2009  08:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AmericanMuscle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1534 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2009  9:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wheatguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Lincolns, AmericanMuscle. Here's another one of my toned Mercury dimes:

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1534 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2009  11:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wheatguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Take a look at these Morgans:

http://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/Mem...=7520&Page=1
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3464 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2009  4:04 pm  Show Profile Check chuckster 125's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some pics of a few toned Lincoln's that I have.
I put them in rows so as not to have to take so many individual pics.

As usual, pics don't do justice to the in hand beautiful toning on these coins.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1994 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2009  4:12 pm  Show Profile Check trdhrdr007's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trdhrdr007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's one of the few toned coins I own, too bad the reverse isn't as nice as the obverse.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
532 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2009  9:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RFB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My skills are improving but still awful. The 52 is a tie dye of color. Nice surface but looks almost splochy in the pictures because I was fighting so hard with the lighting.

The 1848 just shows drab, whole coin is a deep purple and super deep chocolate Obverse and reverse show the tone.. Just so smooth and deep I adore this coin. Like every other post in this whole thread. These coins are among the prides in my collection but my photography is terrible.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1534 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2009  8:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wheatguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are some nice coins. They all probably look even better in hand. The pic doesn't really show this awesome wheat well. Thanks RFB!

Edited by wheatguy
12/16/2009 8:02 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3464 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2009  8:31 pm  Show Profile Check chuckster 125's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just found this 1971 Kennedy Half roll searching today.

Valued Member
United States
264 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2009  10:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Erwindoc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few of my toned stars!

Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano GlassSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05