Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Old bills found in circulation! Post yours!

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34
Pillar of the Community
United States
1039 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2011  7:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kefiroth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, here's a pic of that 1953C $2, just in case anyone cared to see it.

Pillar of the Community
United States
842 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2011  11:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ancientcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Question. What's the deal with Barr notes? They are not rare. Am I missing something?
Check out my collection online at http://www.romanvmimperivm.com!
Valued Member
United States
241 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2011  01:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As I recall, he was not in office for very long.

There was hipe at the time about this fact.

That might be why you find them not rare.
Pillar of the Community
United States
842 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2011  09:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ancientcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok I was not aware of the hype surrounding them. I only knew that half a billion notes were printed with his name on them.
Check out my collection online at http://www.romanvmimperivm.com!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1118 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2011  10:40 am  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My girlfriend found a Series 1995 $20 bill for me the other day.. It has a *nasty* stain on the front, though ...
Just a busy college student working on a $1 block set from circulation.
(I'm supposed to be studying)
Have consecutive $1 bills from 2006-present? Please PM me.
Valued Member
United States
241 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2011  1:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

^had a "friend" at the bank
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2011  1:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ok I was not aware of the hype surrounding them. I only knew that half a billion notes were printed with his name on them.

Since he was only in office for a month people started hoarding the notes (his sig only appeared on one dollar notes) thinking that they would be both rare and valuable. Unfortunately for the collectors they didn't stop cranking the notes out just because he no longer was in office. But even so a lot of people still treat them differently.
Valued Member
United States
241 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2011  2:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

^ From cashing checks at a bank

^From doing a good deed for a neighbor in the '70's - did not expect to be paid. He knew I liked to collect coins

^From a bank ~1977. I did have 10 in the series - Three went on a "pass-the-tradition" journey the same way I got the two silver cert ones above.

Valued Member
United States
241 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2011  2:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Since he was only in office for a month people started hoarding the notes (his sig only appeared on one dollar notes) thinking that they would be both rare and valuable...

My Dad had a three ring binder full of them when he died (late '80's). I told my mother to take them back to the bank. She did.
Pillar of the Community
United States
510 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2011  12:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SilverRoosevelt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From a teller's drawer, a 1950B $50 FRN and a 1934 $100 FRN.
Oldest Finds in Circulation:
Cent-1891
Nickel-1905
Dime-1899
Quarter-1893
Half-1936
Dollar-1923
Valued Member
United States
241 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2011  11:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
From a teller's drawer, a 1950B $50 FRN and a 1934 $100 FRN.

Please post pics if you are able
Valued Member
United States
283 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2011  12:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add grime5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i got 325 barr and kennedy bills at the bank 2 weeks ago.got a 1934 twenty and one teller is saving a 1934 100 for me when I get the cash to pay for it. later greg
Valued Member
United States
123 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2011  09:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PocketChangeJunk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Couldn't say no for $10.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1118 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2011  10:09 am  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ooh! Nice old star note!
Just a busy college student working on a $1 block set from circulation.
(I'm supposed to be studying)
Have consecutive $1 bills from 2006-present? Please PM me.
Valued Member
United States
288 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2011  4:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i got a 1995 $2 dollar bill serial number 98256377 what makes it so special is that it came from an uncut sheet.

i also got a 2003A $2 dollar bill and yes I do know it is not old but it turns out it was a gold leaf $2 dollar bill still you can see the gold on it and the indents from the portrait and two dollars is clear on the back.
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.05 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05