Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 US Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 US Paper Money and Banknotes

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Old bills found in circulation! Post yours!

Previous Page | Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33
Valued Member
United States
277 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2011  3:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i just got 9 notes that were cut from uncut sheets all are 1976 $2 dollar bills.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1058 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2011  9:04 pm  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice!

Uncirculated?
Just a busy college student working on a $1 block set from circulation.
(I'm supposed to be studying)
Valued Member
United States
277 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2011  1:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coinsearcher83 I assume you are talking about me 7 of the 9 are 2 are very circulated.
Valued Member
United States
241 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2011  10:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just got 9 notes that were cut from uncut sheets all are 1976 $2 dollar bills.

Quote:
coinsearcher83 I assume you are talking about me 7 of the 9 are 2 are very circulated.

I guess I am missing something here
Edited by PlumCrazy814
09/30/2011 10:18 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1393 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2011  11:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:

I just got 9 notes that were cut from uncut sheets all are 1976 $2 dollar bills.

Quote:

I guess I am missing something here

I'll take a stab that he bought 9 high serial number notes from someone and 2 were circulated, but the other 7 were not (or at least in very good condition).

Am I close?
Valued Member
United States
277 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2011  3:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
deadon nickelman. that is right.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1393 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2011  2:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found this 1969 $20 in circulation yesterday, but haven't decided if I want to save it or not.

Valued Member
United States
102 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2011  2:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jlg1130 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nickelman,

If you decide to get rid of your series 1969, I will gladly buy it off of you, if the price is right.
I really like small portrait notes, and recently scored 3 small portrait $20's, within the last 3 months:

-1 Cleveland (Series 1990) star.

-1 New York (Series 1990. Spent it, due to funky brown staining in the margins, and I already have a 1990) and...

-1 Boston (Series 1993).

All of these notes would probably grade well (still crisp, bright paper, and minimal wear) I do not know much about grading though, so I won't attempt to assign grades to them.
Valued Member
United States
280 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2011  11:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add grime5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i got a 5 dollar silver certificate at the bank yesterday.later greg
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1058 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2011  02:24 am  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^^ Nice!

Still haven't pulled a Silver Cert from circulation yet : /
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1058 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2011  01:20 am  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got a Series 1995 $1 from the change machine yesterday:

K 05693801 F, F-VF condition.
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2011  03:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jayhawkfan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Flipping through some ones, I found a really crisp one. I was very surprised when I saw the date. Had to buy it.

1963! I know it's not much but I'm a new collector and it's my first bill with the old treasury seal.

Also found a series 1995 $1 note that was originally sold as an uncut sheet, and was then later cut (with what looks like scissors). Serial K99562358B
http://www.uspapermoney.info/general/uncut.html

I'll post a picture tomorrow if there is interest. Probably not worth anything, but a cool find in my mind
Edited by jayhawkfan
10/29/2011 04:00 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1058 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2011  09:53 am  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^^ Yeah, really cool find!

Thanks for sharing
Valued Member
United States
277 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2011  1:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jayhawkfan post a pic of the 1995 uncut note please.
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2011  12:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jayhawkfan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The bottom and top of the bill definitely look like they were cut at home.
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love Coins$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano GlassCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05