Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Old bills found in circulation! Post yours!

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34
Valued Member
United States
288 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2011  3:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i just got 9 notes that were cut from uncut sheets all are 1976 $2 dollar bills.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1117 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2011  9:04 pm  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice!

Uncirculated?
Just a busy college student working on a $1 block set from circulation.
(I'm supposed to be studying)
Have consecutive $1 bills from 2006-present? Please PM me.
Valued Member
United States
288 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2011  1:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coinsearcher83 I assume you are talking about me 7 of the 9 are 2 are very circulated.
Valued Member
United States
241 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2011  10:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just got 9 notes that were cut from uncut sheets all are 1976 $2 dollar bills.

Quote:
coinsearcher83 I assume you are talking about me 7 of the 9 are 2 are very circulated.

I guess I am missing something here
Edited by PlumCrazy814
09/30/2011 10:18 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2011  11:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:

I just got 9 notes that were cut from uncut sheets all are 1976 $2 dollar bills.

Quote:

I guess I am missing something here

I'll take a stab that he bought 9 high serial number notes from someone and 2 were circulated, but the other 7 were not (or at least in very good condition).

Am I close?
Valued Member
United States
288 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2011  3:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
deadon nickelman. that is right.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2011  2:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found this 1969 $20 in circulation yesterday, but haven't decided if I want to save it or not.

Valued Member
United States
102 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2011  2:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jlg1130 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nickelman,

If you decide to get rid of your series 1969, I will gladly buy it off of you, if the price is right.
I really like small portrait notes, and recently scored 3 small portrait $20's, within the last 3 months:

-1 Cleveland (Series 1990) star.

-1 New York (Series 1990. Spent it, due to funky brown staining in the margins, and I already have a 1990) and...

-1 Boston (Series 1993).

All of these notes would probably grade well (still crisp, bright paper, and minimal wear) I do not know much about grading though, so I won't attempt to assign grades to them.
Valued Member
United States
283 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2011  11:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add grime5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i got a 5 dollar silver certificate at the bank yesterday.later greg
Pillar of the Community
United States
1117 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2011  02:24 am  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^^ Nice!

Still haven't pulled a Silver Cert from circulation yet : /
Pillar of the Community
United States
1117 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2011  01:20 am  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got a Series 1995 $1 from the change machine yesterday:

K 05693801 F, F-VF condition.
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2011  03:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jayhawkfan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Flipping through some ones, I found a really crisp one. I was very surprised when I saw the date. Had to buy it.

1963! I know it's not much but I'm a new collector and it's my first bill with the old treasury seal.

Also found a series 1995 $1 note that was originally sold as an uncut sheet, and was then later cut (with what looks like scissors). Serial K99562358B
http://www.uspapermoney.info/general/uncut.html

I'll post a picture tomorrow if there is interest. Probably not worth anything, but a cool find in my mind
Edited by jayhawkfan
10/29/2011 04:00 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1117 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2011  09:53 am  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^^ Yeah, really cool find!

Thanks for sharing
Valued Member
United States
288 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2011  1:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jayhawkfan post a pic of the 1995 uncut note please.
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2011  12:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jayhawkfan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The bottom and top of the bill definitely look like they were cut at home.
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05