Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Old bills found in circulation! Post yours!

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34
Pillar of the Community
United States
832 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2012  3:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bishftl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
saw this on craigslist. thought searchers might want to take a look.

Total Halves Searched = 591,880
Kennedy 40% = 1254
Kennedy 90% = 159
Proof = 249
Walker = 57
Franklin = 52
Commemorative = 15
Pillar of the Community
527 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2012  5:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TheDanMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is very cool. I wonder how much that goes for.
Valued Member
United States
226 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2012  7:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Left to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
how much were they asking?
Roll Hunting Finds
2 buffalo full dates
3 war nickels
1 silver dime
1 NIFC
Pillar of the Community
United States
1118 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2012  6:17 pm  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ooh, that's neat!
Just a busy college student working on a $1 block set from circulation.
(I'm supposed to be studying)
Have consecutive $1 bills from 2006-present? Please PM me.
Pillar of the Community
527 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2012  5:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TheDanMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

$70 worth of two dollar bills netted me three of these, one of which is my first ever Series 1928 $2 note.

I'm a bit bummed that all three of them have a tear on the corner. One of the men at my coin shop told me that many people who were horsebetting would tear off the corners of twos. What a horrible thing to do. If only these people knew that these bills would be worth something to a collector....
Valued Member
United States
288 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2012  3:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hey TheDanMan people rip the corners off of two dollar bills because it brings good luck or so they say. the story goes when you get a two dollar bill you should rip off one corner and if you get a two dollar bill with no corners you are to rip it in half.
Pillar of the Community
United States
625 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2012  4:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add The Silver Searcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone else have a thing that looks like a checkbook, but instead there are one dollar bills?
Valued Member
United States
196 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2012  3:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wildspinx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
got a 1934 (New York) $100 Bill.
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2012  8:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:
Does anyone else have a thing that looks like a checkbook, but instead there are one dollar bills?

Make your own.
  • Cut a piece of codbod to bill size, taper the sides.
  • Square it up with a stack of crisp bills.
  • Clamp together.
  • Rubber cement the long edge overnight.

I did this with $2 bills when they first released them in 1976.
Pillar of the Community
1219 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2012  8:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ninamason to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I work at a gas station, the other day had this guy come in and say "I need $10 on pump [whatever, I quickly forgot the number for understandable reasons!]." Handed me a small stack of bills. I barely glanced at the first one; it was going-on-brown and my first thought was "great, somebody's construction-project money." Then, as my coworker (on whose register I was working) came back, I glanced down and went "Hey, I want this!" and lifted it off the stack . . . also the one beneath it . . . and the one below that . . . . and as my jaw hit my chest I turned to my coworker (who's also a collector), spread a perfect fan of ten $1 silver certificates in front of her, and said "I'll split them with you."

We're now both the proud owners of four 1957 B and one 1935 F series certificates each. They're not in the most fabulous-ever condition (as you'd expect, being paper money in circulation), but they have NO tears, relatively even wear, no heavy folds (think of bills you get that seem ready to tear at any moment from how often they've been folded) . . . I've seen 2003 reserve notes that look worse!

. . . . I, um, may also have called the police to make sure we didn't get a collection that somebody'd applied a five-fingered discount to, because they kind of look like they've belonged to somebody for awhile. No word back yet, but now I'm in the 30-day waiting period before "finders keepers" applies.
"It is my belief . . . that the truth is generally preferable to lies."

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open."

--Albus Dumbledore
Pillar of the Community
527 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2012  8:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TheDanMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found these today at Bank Of America. I don't think I'm going to keep the 50, but I want to keep the 20, until I find one in better shape. Is there a premium on that 20?

Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2012  11:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If someone brought me that $20 in mint, I'd tell them to spend it.
Pillar of the Community
527 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2012  11:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TheDanMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If someone brought me that $20 in mint, I'd tell them to spend it.

If it is from 1950, that's ridiculous to suggest.
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2012  12:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Who's paying a premium on 20s from 1950b?
Pillar of the Community
527 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2012  12:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TheDanMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
People on eBay, and on top of that, some folks like the old bills that say "Will Pay To The Bearer On Demand" since it's an obsolete message.
Edited by TheDanMan
04/20/2012 12:25 am
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05