Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Old bills found in circulation! Post yours!

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34
Pillar of the Community
United States
1256 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2011  08:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ceylon62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The note is AU++ series 95.

Pillar of the Community
United States
659 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2011  10:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add penny man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was at the bank today and I got this:

Pillar of the Community
United States
1090 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2011  7:04 pm  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's cool :)

I got a Series 1977 dollar from a gas station today :)
Just a busy college student working on a $1 block set from circulation.
(I'm supposed to be studying)
Have consecutive $1 bills from 2006-present? Please PM me.
Valued Member
United States
219 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2011  10:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Foolsgold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Got this one a while back
Pillar of the Community
United States
1256 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2011  05:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ceylon62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A teller saved it and gave it to me (series 1934). If I was not going to take it they were going to send it in for mutilation / to be destroyed.

Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2011  12:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add The Bill Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ceylon62,
That's a very good photo of a not a very good looking bill, so probably not worth much other than 5.00, but it would be interesting to see what it would look like "pressed", could you give it a try and show us a before and after photo.
The Bill Collector
Pillar of the Community
United States
1256 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2011  08:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ceylon62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That's a very good photo of a not a very good looking bill

The note I posted is past the point of no return. I hope you were / are joking and am glad I was able to rescue it.

I do have one with the before pic. The note is locked up for now and the next time I get to the bank I will get an "after" pic and post them.

Nick, do you have any before and afters?

edit typo
Edited by Ceylon62
05/14/2011 08:46 am
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2011  11:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add The Bill Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The note I posted is past the point of no return. I hope you were / are joking and am glad I was able to rescue it.

I do have one with the before pic. The note is locked up for now and the next time I get to the bank I will get an "after" pic and post them.

Yep, was only jokin, I realize it's past the point of no return, but a good visual of before and after photos would be educational for us newer guys.
The Bill Collector
Edited by The Bill Collector
05/14/2011 11:59 am
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2011  11:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Manuel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I need to (If I get time) post some of my finds later.

I have some friends that sell me the dollar bills they find. I've gotten multiple 2001s, 1999s, and 1995s. A friend sold me a WEB note (1988A, block number FN in VF condition), another sold me a 1985 $1 note and a 1988A $5 note, I got a 1977 $1 in change, and a relative gave me a 1957 star note (Block Number TA) they got at where they work. I also have a 1981(A?) $20 note that a teller saved for me at the bank.

Most of the notes aren't in the most beautiful condition, but they're my collection and I like them
United States
28 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2011  12:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eddied62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A 1934 A $5.00 Silver Certificate I got back in change a few weeks ago...rough as a cob, but I dig it...lol

Pillar of the Community
United States
687 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2011  12:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RollHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got these recently in change. I'm sure there's no premium but I'll probably hang onto the top one just because I haven't seen a small portrait $20 in awhile.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4252 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2011  12:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TheNickelGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ceylon62 wrote

Quote:
The note is AU++ series 95.

It's also a binary serial number of 2's and 8's! Nice catch!
Pillar of the Community
United States
997 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2011  09:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kefiroth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got a series 1963 $2 from the bank yesterday in very much the same condition as the one penny man posted
Pillar of the Community
United States
819 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2011  11:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ElleKitty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found this 1925 10$ in circulation about 15 years ago. Some one had used it to bloody well buy a Whopper at Burger King, so I bought it from the till.

Got this 1934 5$ the same way, but not at the same time.

Edited by ElleKitty
05/19/2011 11:19 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1090 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2011  8:08 pm  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool! :)

Went through about 100 $1 bills this week.. Nothing older than 1999 :(
Just a busy college student working on a $1 block set from circulation.
(I'm supposed to be studying)
Have consecutive $1 bills from 2006-present? Please PM me.
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05