Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Old bills found in circulation! Post yours!

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35
Pillar of the Community
United States
1269 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2011  08:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ceylon62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The note is AU++ series 95.

Pillar of the Community
United States
659 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2011  10:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add penny man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was at the bank today and I got this:

Pillar of the Community
United States
1129 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2011  7:04 pm  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's cool :)

I got a Series 1977 dollar from a gas station today :)
Just a busy college student working on a $1 block set from circulation.
(I'm supposed to be studying)
Have consecutive $1 bills from 2006-present? Please PM me.
Valued Member
United States
219 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2011  10:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Foolsgold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Got this one a while back
Pillar of the Community
United States
1269 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2011  05:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ceylon62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A teller saved it and gave it to me (series 1934). If I was not going to take it they were going to send it in for mutilation / to be destroyed.

Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2011  12:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add The Bill Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ceylon62,
That's a very good photo of a not a very good looking bill, so probably not worth much other than 5.00, but it would be interesting to see what it would look like "pressed", could you give it a try and show us a before and after photo.
The Bill Collector
Pillar of the Community
United States
1269 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2011  08:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ceylon62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That's a very good photo of a not a very good looking bill

The note I posted is past the point of no return. I hope you were / are joking and am glad I was able to rescue it.

I do have one with the before pic. The note is locked up for now and the next time I get to the bank I will get an "after" pic and post them.

Nick, do you have any before and afters?

edit typo
Edited by Ceylon62
05/14/2011 08:46 am
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2011  11:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add The Bill Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The note I posted is past the point of no return. I hope you were / are joking and am glad I was able to rescue it.

I do have one with the before pic. The note is locked up for now and the next time I get to the bank I will get an "after" pic and post them.

Yep, was only jokin, I realize it's past the point of no return, but a good visual of before and after photos would be educational for us newer guys.
The Bill Collector
Edited by The Bill Collector
05/14/2011 11:59 am
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2011  11:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Manuel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I need to (If I get time) post some of my finds later.

I have some friends that sell me the dollar bills they find. I've gotten multiple 2001s, 1999s, and 1995s. A friend sold me a WEB note (1988A, block number FN in VF condition), another sold me a 1985 $1 note and a 1988A $5 note, I got a 1977 $1 in change, and a relative gave me a 1957 star note (Block Number TA) they got at where they work. I also have a 1981(A?) $20 note that a teller saved for me at the bank.

Most of the notes aren't in the most beautiful condition, but they're my collection and I like them
United States
28 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2011  12:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eddied62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A 1934 A $5.00 Silver Certificate I got back in change a few weeks ago...rough as a cob, but I dig it...lol

Pillar of the Community
United States
687 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2011  12:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RollHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got these recently in change. I'm sure there's no premium but I'll probably hang onto the top one just because I haven't seen a small portrait $20 in awhile.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4252 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2011  12:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TheNickelGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ceylon62 wrote

Quote:
The note is AU++ series 95.

It's also a binary serial number of 2's and 8's! Nice catch!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1071 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2011  09:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kefiroth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got a series 1963 $2 from the bank yesterday in very much the same condition as the one penny man posted
Pillar of the Community
United States
819 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2011  11:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ElleKitty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found this 1925 10$ in circulation about 15 years ago. Some one had used it to bloody well buy a Whopper at Burger King, so I bought it from the till.

Got this 1934 5$ the same way, but not at the same time.

Edited by ElleKitty
05/19/2011 11:19 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1129 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2011  8:08 pm  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool! :)

Went through about 100 $1 bills this week.. Nothing older than 1999 :(
Just a busy college student working on a $1 block set from circulation.
(I'm supposed to be studying)
Have consecutive $1 bills from 2006-present? Please PM me.
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Shop at PDS Coins!SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05