Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Old bills found in circulation! Post yours!

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34
Valued Member
United States
283 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2011  2:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
today from an atm I got a 1996 series $20 bill.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1094 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2011  8:38 pm  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lol! Getting to be something to be happy about these days

Got a 1985 B-J dollar from my girlfriend earlier this week..
Just a busy college student working on a $1 block set from circulation.
(I'm supposed to be studying)
Have consecutive $1 bills from 2006-present? Please PM me.
Valued Member
United States
283 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2011  10:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hey coinsearcher83 the only reason I got excited was because I hardly see them at all any more nice to find one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1094 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2011  10:26 am  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know.. I wasn't being sarcastic or anything lol...

I haven't seen one in ages either! They're all this colored play money stuff XP
Valued Member
United States
230 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2011  10:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fur_coin_talk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
1094 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2011  10:42 am  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hehe... These bills are making me jealous lol
Valued Member
United States
230 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2011  11:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fur_coin_talk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are bills for the early 1990's worth anything?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1094 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2011  11:05 am  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well....

Many would argue that they aren't worth anything much over face value.. I think that as more of these get retired (the FED is intentionally pulling these old types from circulation), they will become more and more rare until they get some value..

That's my viewpoint, but I still keep them (when I can afford it) just because they look nice and remind me of my childhood (all of 12 years ago :P lol)..
Pillar of the Community
United States
1094 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2011  11:07 am  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, and the $10 bill you posted above looks to be in pretty good condtion considering its almost 20 years old
Valued Member
United States
102 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2011  1:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jlg1130 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^^^Love that Series 1990 $10.

I would certainly keep it, since those older style small portrait notes, are much fewer, and further between, than they used to be. I save all of the small portraits I find, for that reason.

Anyway, onto my find of the day:

A series 1988A $1, non-web. Serial G 76844919 P.
Valued Member
United States
230 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2011  3:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fur_coin_talk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just found this.
anyone want it- I can't save all of these 20's I'm going broke.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1094 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2011  3:50 pm  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I kinda do..

Buuuuut..

I can't buy from members with less than 250 posts..

But I can trade.. Hmm..

I wonder if the moderators would be okay in me trading 4 five-dollar bills for that 20..

Probably not
Edited by coinsearcher83
06/10/2011 3:53 pm
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2011  6:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add The Bill Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Is trading ok ?.
I know I can buy because I have over 50 post, also know I cant sell till I have 250 post, but did not know about "trading". If trading is ok I have a lot of large and Small size US currency to trade, everything from GC, SC, NBN's, and FRN's from $ 1.00 to $ 500.00.

Also have some older foreign currency to get rid of but no one seems to be interested in it so have been giving most of it away to kids, but I also gave some of it to a few members on this forum, hope that's ok.
The Bill Collector
Pillar of the Community
United States
1094 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2011  6:16 pm  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The thing about trading is... I (someone with over 250 posts) have to be the one to start the trade. Anyone with 50 or more posts can make an offer.

I suppose I could offer some normal notes for trade, and others could offer collectibles in trade for the normal notes, but this is probably bending the rules a bit too much, and the moderators probably won't like it..

(Moderators, please chime in!)
Edited by coinsearcher83
06/10/2011 6:21 pm
Valued Member
United States
232 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  09:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spring423 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just thought I would throw in these 1981 one dollar notes here. Got these as change approx 25 yrs ago. Only held onto them as they were consecutive serial numbers.

Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05