Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Airtite Album or Dansco Album?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
371 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2010  12:49 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add snitchard to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I'm not sure which of these I want/need to buy for my American Silver Eagle Silver Dollars.

http://www.jpscorner.com/AirTite_Coin_Albums.htm

Dansco 7181http://www.jpscorner.com/Dansco_Coin_Albums.htm

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rich
Learn More...
United States
42663 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2010  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Personally I prefer Dansco, but you should choose which you prefer. I have always used Dansco and have never had any problems with them, so I see no reason to change.

There is no question that the AirTite will provide better protection than the Dansco. It is more important to be mindful of where you store a Dansco album (temperature, humidity, air pollutants, etc.), whereas coins in AirTites are protected from almost anything that could hurt them.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2417 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2010  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carmykle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm assuming you'll keep them in a fire proof safe, but how do you think you'll display them? That could answer your question.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2120 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2010  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Namachieli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have three airtite albums for my typeset, I didn't have them more than a week before I wanted something different.

I love the airtites and recommend using them, but for display... well... I'm still working that part out.

One thing I didnt like about the airtite albums is they are small and fat, which makes them a bit akward. Also, I find myself constantly putting capsules back into their holes because they have fallen out into the sleeve. Very annoying.

Personally, I would stay away from the albums, but absolutely recommend airtite capsules.

HTH
Valued Member
United States
497 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2010  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add andrewjconners to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMO: Dansco >

But go with what you think looks the best.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05