Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Old coin - Hibernia (Ireland) What coin is it? | 1/2d 1805

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Netherlands
459 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2010  8:21 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Kingz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Very worn coin... the date is nearly visible but got it for free few days ago, so what the heck

I can see it's from Hibernia or the old Ireland and I can see George, but which george.. and what date exactly is it, 18..? Can anyone identify?

Identified - moved to World Coins forum - Sap

Edited by Kingz
11/27/2010 8:22 pm
Learn More...
United States
14277 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2010  8:27 pm  Show Profile Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
George III Halfpenny.
johnny54321 - John Brawner, my eternal friend. You will be missed by your CCF Family.

CCF members sell on eBay!

vermontensium's coins for sale :p
Dave - ANA LM1214396, C4, EAC
Valued Member
Netherlands
459 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2010  8:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kingz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks man... In the light I can see he is facing to the right, so the date should be 1805 if im correct. KM# 147.1

That will do I think, much appreciated!
Learn More...
United States
14277 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2010  9:05 pm  Show Profile Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your welcome! I couldn't make out the date.
johnny54321 - John Brawner, my eternal friend. You will be missed by your CCF Family.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2605 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2010  9:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add svslav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why not a farthing? With this little detail discernible one can tell for sure only by size.

20 - 21 mm would be a farthing (then the date has to be 1806).

27 mm would be a half (then the date has to be 1805)
Learn More...
United States
14277 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2010  9:31 pm  Show Profile Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good point. I could not make out date. Could be a Farth.

Valued Member
Netherlands
459 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2010  9:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kingz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it's 27mm so probably a 1/2 penny :) but thanks for pointing out!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2605 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2010  9:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add svslav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Then it's 1805 - the only year this type was issued.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05