Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

India - 2002 One Rupee "Struck over 100 Times"

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1157 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2011  9:44 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I thought I would share some of my World Error Coins in this forum...
Here is a awesome multi-struck India Rupee that is almost impossible to count the number of times it was struck...
I used a 7MB setting on my camera so I could zoom in on the photos via "windows" and tried to count all the rings, and lost count...
Should anyone want a high resolution photo emailed and take the challenge of counting the rings, email me at <<email removed by Staff>> (a gmail email address is preferred as yahoo and others do not accept high resolution photos due to MB message size)...

Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2011  9:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fcrazo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2817 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2011  12:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Peter THOMAS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow 2 !
Pillar of the Community
United States
2605 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2011  01:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add svslav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder how they graded this one MS 62!? Seems rather random.
Pillar of the Community
United States
737 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2011  06:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rsxtacee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Anyone want to clue me in as to how this happens? Did it get stuck to one of the dies?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4000 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2011  10:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Scooby Due to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4779 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2011  10:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW 3
Like svslav I think they pulled the grade out of a hat
Pillar of the Community
United States
1157 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2011  12:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At least they didn't body bag it like they did to some of my other submissions.
Valued Member
Netherlands
459 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2011  8:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kingz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Amazing coin(s) you have here!
Edited by Kingz
03/16/2011 8:08 pm
Valued Member
Canada
165 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2011  8:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cdn44fan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is unbelievable
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
9688 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2011  8:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow...that is so cool!
I never expected to see one that extreme!
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2011  12:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tam to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My thinking is it failed to eject, slipped out of the collar and no one noticed until it got hit however many times. Very extreme, NICE!!
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2011  07:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tam to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder~~~~ the full coin looks nicely rounded, the rim area doesn't seem very distorted at all. I'd suspect this awesome coin maintained itself in the collar through all those strikes. I note a radical shifting off-center from what appears to be the first few strikes, so I wonder~~~~~~ A loose or out-of alignment die?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2011  1:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mikediamond to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful coin. I'd love to have something like that in my collection.
Error coin writer and researcher.
Pillar of the Community
Philippines
606 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2011  04:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add augbauer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a super find.
Pillar of the Community
United States
726 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2011  04:22 am  Show Profile Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's like a tree, you can count the rings to tell how old it is. I've never seen this many strikes on a coin that you could actually count.
Error and Variety Collector.
My eBay sales as NoFearOfChange
http://www.ebay.com/sch/nofearofcha...sop=1&_rdc=1
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.02 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05