Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Numismatic Discussion Forums (Non Country Specific)
 Supplies, Books, Reference, Software, etc

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Looking for 20 Alpha Testers for new online inventory system

Previous Page | Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar Of The Community
United States
935 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2011  9:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add okiepb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just signed up - I'll let you know what I think as I start to play with it.
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2011  9:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canadanz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just signed up - I'll let you know what I think as I start to play with it.

Thanks! You've taken the last remaining alpha spot for the moment. I hope you enjoy it!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
935 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2011  10:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add okiepb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, I just entered my first coin, which is a 1914-D that I found back in the 60's while looking through rolls of cents. For those of us that have been involved in the hobby since before 1980, could you back up the year? Might be a good idea to go back to 1900 for those who have inherited some of their collection.
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2011  10:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canadanz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
OK, I just entered my first coin, which is a 1914-D that I found back in the 60's while looking through rolls of cents. For those of us that have been involved in the hobby since before 1980, could you back up the year? Might be a good idea to go back to 1900 for those who have inherited some of their collection.

Sounds good. I've backed it up to 1900. You should be able to edit your coin and change the date. Thanks.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2150 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2011  11:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jokingjoker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There is no limitation on file size, however there is currently a 'soft' limit on file dimensions of 1020(w) x 510(h). So any file over 1020px wide or 510px high will trigger the 'too large' error.

Dont know what is up then. This is the file I tried to use it's only 16.4 kb:

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2150 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2011  11:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jokingjoker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got it! It was just a tad too high. Thanks for the help!
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2011  11:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canadanz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Dont know what is up then. This is the file I tried to use it's only 16.4 kb:

That image is 513px high, which exceeds the limit by 3 pixels. It really was just bad luck. I've increased the maximum allowable image dimensions to 2000 w and 1000 h.
Valued Member
United States
184 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2011  12:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sharpbfast to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
you have anymore spots?
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2011  12:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canadanz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sharpbfast - Not at the moment. I'm going to implement a bunch of features that the current testers have suggested before I open up another round of spots. I have received a lot more feedback than I had anticipated, so I'd like to clear all of that up before letting more people in. I will likely have more spots sometime this week.

If you want to shoot me an email I can email you as soon as a spot opens up.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1450 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2011  03:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
canadanz, I was away for a wedding this weekend, so did not get to your email in a timely manner. I want to enter my MS silver Washington set this week and noticed that your series for it runs 1932-1998, perhaps you may want to create two subsets: 1932-1964 and 1965-1998? I have none of the clad coins, and probably won't purchase any anytime soon. That would skew the completion percentage? Re: my question: I'll send you a screen shot of it later today.
Valued Member
Ireland
127 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2011  09:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Spikey Norman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know it's early days but any thoughts on adding platinum/palladium to the list of PM's?

Just call me awkward
Norm
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2011  10:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canadanz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I know it's early days but any thoughts on adding platinum/palladium to the list of PM's?

Platinum will definitely be coming soon as I will be adding Platinum Bullion coins at some point in the nearish future. I assume I'll get around to Palladium as well :)
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2011  11:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canadanz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was away for a wedding this weekend, so did not get to your email in a timely manner. I want to enter my MS silver Washington set this week and noticed that your series for it runs 1932-1998, perhaps you may want to create two subsets: 1932-1964 and 1965-1998? I have none of the clad coins, and probably won't purchase any anytime soon. That would skew the completion percentage? Re: my question: I'll send you a screen shot of it later today.

I've been thinking about this for a while. I haven't decided what I'm going to do here yet regarding the Washington (and Roosevelt) series. For the time being I'm going to leave them as is, but that might change shortly. In the meantime, if you add your silver coins and I decide to change it later you won't have to do any extra entries. It's just a matter of me switching a few things around. I do understand what you mean regarding skewed completion percentages, and I believe you probably aren't alone in only collecting the silver series, or only the clad series. I'm inclined to believe I'll turn it into two sets, but I just want to think about it for a bit first.

Valued Member
United States
333 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2011  1:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coinut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Been testing this DB and it is a good simple system. I encourage anyone who has yet to try it to do so who has already been accepted as a tester. When he opens up more spots please try it. Also he has been great with responding to suggestions and issues. So far no bugs! :-)
Edited by coinut
05/23/2011 1:48 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2150 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2011  2:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jokingjoker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05