Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Missing Something?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2011  11:17 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add droid754 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

As some of you know, I have been experimenting with different ways to photograph my coins.

I read, somewhere in here, that someone swears buy his scanner. Just gotta get the scan settings right.

I think I am getting close. I can get a HUGE image and see everything and more than I ever expected to see.

One problem... It takes a long time to get each side with the settings I am now using. I just checked the files and it looks to be about 12-14 minutes per side. That's just going on when one file was done and when the next file was done. So yeah, it takes some time.

But you get some big, beautiful images, tho...

Sometimes my computer loses its mind even tho I have a Dual-Core processor with 6 Gigs of Ram.

Yeah, shut down and start over.

But looking over this particular coin I saw this 'problem' if I can use that word.

Look at the 'W' particularly on the right side. It looks like it wasn't 'finished.'

I'm sorry. I'm just not as well versed in the coin language as I should be.

Do you see anything or is it just me?

And, I don't remember which one of these coins I was looking at. I have to go back through them to see which one this belongs to.

What do you say, people? Anything?

Dale

Pillar of the Community
United States
1064 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2011  11:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JackB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My guess, those in the know might be able to tell you more when you provide details on what the coin is, and maybe overall pictures of that coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2079 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2011  11:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Doubling in the S as well.
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2011  1:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add droid754 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, 'duh' on me...

This is a 1987 ASE.

The coin itself is enclosed in a soft plastic type of case. Looks like one of those 'Hot Iron' type of closures.

And, if the part on the 'W' is missing and the doubling on the 'S' as well, what does that do to the value?

Actually, the coin looks to be in 'Fresh-Out-Of-The-Mint' kind of shape. Not a Proof, but a Matte (or would that be a 'Satin' finish?) kind of finish.

How do you tell the difference?

Dale
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05