Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Numismatic Discussion Forums (Non Country Specific)
 Supplies, Books, Reference, Software, etc

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Cherrypickers Pocket Guide

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
BrokaToe
Valued Member
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2011  3:42 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add BrokaToe to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Wanted some advice...I found a Cherrypickers Pocket Guide -Top 150, by Fivaz & Stanton on eBay. Would this be a good book to purchase, or would I just be better off buying a full version of the Cherrypickers Guide? This Pocket edition is listed for $17.95 + $2.75 shipping. Does anyone have this pocket guide and is it worth buying?

Pillar Of The Community
United States
649 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2011  4:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fcrazo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got both and I end up using the full version more, but I did say I have both.

For starting out, get the full version and do some reading and understanding, but still get the compact version for quick reference.

Of course it comes in 2 parts now.
Edited by fcrazo
06/04/2011 4:58 pm
Valued Member
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2011  5:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BrokaToe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ahh ok, so there's two parts to the Pocket Guide? I wasn't aware of that. That sounds like a good idea, it could never hurt to have both. Plus I assume the Full Edition would have alot of valuable information in it that the pocket guide would not. Preciate the reply fcrazo!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
649 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2011  9:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fcrazo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, the pocket guide is just 1 booklet based on the original early 1990s. The full version used to be 1 but has since expanded to the point in which they split them into 2 volumes sold seperately.

The Cherrypickers' Guide to Rare Die Varieties, Fifth Edition, Volume I. This volume covers all United States series from half cents through nickel five-cent piece.

The Cherrypickers' Guide to Rare Die Varieties, Fourth Edition, Volume II. This volume covers all United States series from half dimes through modern dollars, gold and commemoratives.

Hope this clears it up. Happy hunting.

Some advise. Don't make it too obvious that you are cherrypickin', some dealers don't like it. Especially if you are taking too much time at a table or end up not buying. For some as long as they have made their money, it's ok.

When you hunt, know what you want to hunt for first. Send us pics if you find something.
Valued Member
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2011  07:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BrokaToe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ahh, very good advice...I appreciate the time you put into this reply, very helpful!
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2011  9:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add flotsam to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the kind of book they should issue in electronic format. Nook or .epub or .mobi would be great!
Valued Member
United States
187 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2011  05:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RMAN4443 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i agree flotsam,it would be nice to "have an app for that" lol
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano GlassCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05