Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1966 Canadian Silver Dollar Large bead I assume?

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
7 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2011  2:07 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add BBR to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

This is a 1966 canadian silver dollar. I am assuming this is not a rare small bead type. The I does almost seem to point to a bead which is why I am in question.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
9595 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2011  3:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a comparison photo I made a while back--small beads on left, and the common large beads on right:

Pillar of the Community
Canada
5800 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2011  5:17 pm  Show Profile Check SHAFTA9a's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well... it looks like it could be a 'small beads' variety.

The "I" does point at a bead or is that just the way the pic was taken.
True North
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4628 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2011  7:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like large beads to me
Great comparison photos DVCollector,well worth saving for future reference
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
9595 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2011  10:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DBM,
If I trace a line from the "I", it most resembles the LB in that pic.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5800 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2011  06:06 am  Show Profile Check SHAFTA9a's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup.. now that I trace a line too, I can see it is large beads.
True North
Edited by SHAFTA9a
08/08/2011 08:41 am
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2011  10:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BBR to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep that is what I thought, thanks guys! By the way the image was scanned, no pictures taken. Love the quick responses on this website
Valued Member
Canada
419 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2011  10:53 am  Show Profile Check tfred's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tfred to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I find that its easier to look at the "A". Its clearly pointing between the beads. Whereas in the the LB its pointing at the bead.
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  4:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I look at the spacing between the beads. On the small beads you could almost get another bead between two beads while in the large bead variety, no way.

KK
Valued Member
Canada
238 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2011  03:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Max L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup it's a LB.
Canada
5 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2012  01:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lonearnie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty sure I have the small bead 1966 silver dollar Canadian.

How much is it worth?

Edited by Staff to remove CAPS
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1321 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2012  09:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you post a picture lonearnie?
MS 64 can get upwards of $4500 - $5500 Canadian dollars
Edited by darryldarryl
02/02/2012 09:35 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1321 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2012  09:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By the way... to the forum!
Canada
5 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2012  11:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lonearnie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks like small beads on the side of queen,and larger size on the other side.

Canada
5 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2012  1:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lonearnie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also have 1963,1964,1965 silver dollars.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1321 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2012  2:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Large bead
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05