Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

pgcs grade question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2011  11:27 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ky wonder to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

i was looking at this coin on eBay and saw that there was a series, and coin# in the slabed description, and I was wondering what that means?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-PCGS-6...em19c83b2af7

is there that many known coins of that type?

Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2011  11:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ca Dreamin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it does happen occaisonally that a coin will be struck on the wrong planchet, in this case on a dime planchet. These coins always are a premium. Whether or not it is worth it is for the error aficionados.
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2011  12:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ky wonder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the reply,
I was more interested in the meaning of the series/coin count numbers on the above slab, than in the value of the coin.
i recently sent off my first coin to pcgs for grading, a 1996 11 cent double denom (the one in my avitar) ,that came back marked ms-65, but it did not have the series/coin count data on it and I was wondering what the data means?
Edited by ky wonder
08/27/2011 12:13 pm
Valued Member
United States
404 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2011  12:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Whytlash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It references that coins position in a multiple coin submission. Pretty simple.

Steve
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11143 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2011  1:01 pm  Show Profile Check biokemist6's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Series 14= Lincoln Cent Business Strikes(IHCs are series 13)

Coin 227= 2001(P) is the 227th coin in the series, 2001D would be 228 and so on
ANA R-3151318
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2011  3:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ky wonder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks bio,
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.01 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05