Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What is the grade of this coin?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2011  10:15 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hey can I please get a grade and value on this coin? I see that the 1973 50c coins are scarce. Will be appreciated.

Thanks

Valued Member
Australia
85 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2011  09:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floridapalms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
aarong you have already asked this question in another topic when you said you found one noodling
http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...PIC_ID=98873
Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2011  09:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Noone posts in this forums thats why.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2011  12:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guys I also have a 1974 50c coin in the same condition. What are the value of these?
Learn More...
United States
6561 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2011  12:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GO to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Noone posts in this forums thats why.
Some aspects of this forum requires a little more patience. I could grade it and value it but there are far more experienced members then I when it comes to Aussie coins.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2011  8:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, sorry for that.
Pillar of the Community
1244 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2011  10:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Australian coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It annoys me soooo much when people sell coins and they have written that they are scarce, low mintage or rare.
All you need is this
1973 coat of arms 50c
Taken from general circulation and still in a very good condition

I hate giving a grade to coins as everyone's opinion is different, your pictured coin has some knocks on it, but still quite good, so uncirculated book value is $60.00. eBay value is $8.00+
Valued Member
Australia
278 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2011  11:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gecko to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just seems you try and sell these straight away.
Is there anything you hold on too?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2011  03:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As a matter of fact there is. And Australia Coin these coins have a CV of $60 and have a mintage of 4,000,000. I'd say they are scarce.

EDIT: Gecko why does it bother you what I do with my coins? None of your business.
Edited by AaronG
09/26/2011 03:07 am
Valued Member
Australia
278 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2011  05:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gecko to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
whoa buddy hold the horses.....
no one was having a go.

But every post is about is it scarce and what is it worth.
with nothing other than that.
So calm down and take a chill pill!

The reason I ask is it seems like you are trying to make money off circluated coins, and I was wondering if you were just a seller or actually liked the coins. Me I am a collector, and if I have circluated coins I sell them to other collectors at face as I want people to enjoy the hobby.
Some of your coins if you came close to the 250 post mark I would of made an offer on.
I wish you a good day and hope you can chill a bit.
Gecko
Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2011  06:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The more "scarce coins" such as 50c rams head, 2001 CoF, 1985 50c, Mules, wavy 2's and 1993 50c I keep. But coins that I get daily from noodling I just don't have enough room to keep them. The 1973 and 1974 coins I found whilst noodling I would like to know the value so I can decide whether to sell or not.

Thanks, aarong
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5048 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2011  07:58 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great reply Gecko.
I don't collect decimal coins but I have been having a bit of fun noodling my everyday change for the last couple of weeks {I normally just chuck it in my work bag for the coke machine}.
I have found 3x 1966 20 cents,2x 1967 20cents,2x 1968 20cents and 3x 1974 20 cents.
If you want these to share with other collectors pm me and I will send them to you for free.
I havent got the 250 posts but this realy isn't a trade, so I hope I don't bring down the wrath of the moderators
All I would get out of these coins would be a can of coke, So you may as well have them and put them to good use
Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Valued Member
Australia
85 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2011  11:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floridapalms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
aarong I am a collector of Australian decimal coins and when I find the special ones from circulation I keep them and store them away,doesn't take much space

Why are you so quick to post here and ask for grades and value of circulated coins you find by noodling?

Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2011  11:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Because sometimes I sell a few and I would like to see what I could get for them.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1291 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2011  7:51 pm  Show Profile Check markn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add markn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Then put them on eBay as an auction and see what people will pay rather than trying to leverage people's knowledge here for your commercial gain.

Personally I wouldn't pay more than face for any 50c coin pulled out of circulation unless it was silver or an error. Why? Because I can find them myself getting bags of coins from the bank or get a really good one by selecting one from a non-pvc damaged mint set.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2011  9:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that Markn
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05